I have c.o.p.d although 12 months ago I was doing fine. Swimming albeit slowly . Walking dogs,and generally doing okay. In fact, after giving up smoking, a few years back I was doing great.
Then gradually, I seemed to have a tightening of the lungs . Back in Fenruary I became so uncomfortable whilst on a short stay in the Cotswolds I took myself t A and E. I was diagnosed with a viral infection in my R lung. I was given steroids, I was given yet more steroids by my dr. Still getting worse (now hardly able to walk a few steps, I was given antibiotics and several inhalers. I was admitted to hospital . Put on a drip and had chest X-rays and numerous other tests. Nothing found.
My dr 3 week sent me to the Astma nurse. Who said she believed it was allergens and to note when I felt better or worse.
Week before last , I was again returning to the Cotswolds. I had only driven about 30 miles and I started to feel so ill. Tightness in lungs and really bad wheezing. To cut this long story short, it turns out to be, my van which was the culprit. Everytime I put my blowers on I was poisoning myself with u burnt diesel fumes, due to a fuel leak under the bonnet.
This has been happening for months. Van now in garage being sorted.
I'm well on the mend and really improving rapidly and life is great again.
Beware diesel fumes