COPD

Good morning to all. I am new to this website and hope I am posting this correctly.

I have very sever stage III COPD with a FEV1 of 34. I have been hearing quite a bit about, and having been doing some research, on stem cell therapy. I have yet to discuss this with my pulmonologist but will at my next appointment.

I am wondering if anyone has had the procedure and would being will to share.

Thank you.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

A very warm welcome to you. Sorry I can't help with your question but just wanted to say hello. cx

Thank you for the welcome!

Thank you for sharing the website, gives me another perspective.

It's a hello from me too. Sorry I cannot help with your research.

Welcome to the site Marali. I hope between us we will be able to help you.

Stem cell therapy is a promising area of research. My friend in Australia told me it is used over there.

Her husband had stem cell therapy which helped him live longer than expected. I am sure your consultant will know all about it and whether it would benefit you.

Sorry to hear you are going through such a bad time.You will find love and support here. Many members here have severe COPD.

Thank you for your reply Azure.

I am sorry about the loss of your friends husband.

If you don't mind my asking, did your friends husband have a quality life or merely a longer life after his stem cell therapy?

Welcome to the family Marali. I cannot help with your particular query, but I'm sure someone will. Hope you enjoy the site. XX

Thank you for your welcome Nikkers, and by the way, that's what I call my granddaughter!!

I am truly enjoying this site, very informative.

I'm thinking that since the stem cell therapy for COPD is so new that there haven't been many who have had the procedure.

Thank you so very much, lots of information to read, absorb and follow.

You may also like...