COPD

Good morning to all. I am new to this website and hope I am posting this correctly.

I have very sever stage III COPD with a FEV1 of 34. I have been hearing quite a bit about, and having been doing some research, on stem cell therapy. I have yet to discuss this with my pulmonologist but will at my next appointment.

I am wondering if anyone has had the procedure and would being will to share.

Thank you.

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • A very warm welcome to you. Sorry I can't help with your question but just wanted to say hello. cx

• Thank you for the welcome!

• Thank you for sharing the website, gives me another perspective.

• It's a hello from me too. Sorry I cannot help with your research.

• Welcome to the site Marali. I hope between us we will be able to help you.

Stem cell therapy is a promising area of research. My friend in Australia told me it is used over there.

Her husband had stem cell therapy which helped him live longer than expected. I am sure your consultant will know all about it and whether it would benefit you.

Sorry to hear you are going through such a bad time.You will find love and support here. Many members here have severe COPD.

• Thank you for your reply Azure.

I am sorry about the loss of your friends husband.

If you don't mind my asking, did your friends husband have a quality life or merely a longer life after his stem cell therapy?

• Welcome to the family Marali. I cannot help with your particular query, but I'm sure someone will. Hope you enjoy the site. XX

• Thank you for your welcome Nikkers, and by the way, that's what I call my granddaughter!!

I am truly enjoying this site, very informative.

I'm thinking that since the stem cell therapy for COPD is so new that there haven't been many who have had the procedure.

• Thank you so very much, lots of information to read, absorb and follow.

You may also like...