life goes on

hi folks .i got the results of all the tests and thanks for all the help i got from you all.

i am stage three copd,now my ticker has cone tachycardic,the drugs are just about working,now they have me on full strength verapamil 120 mgx3 time a day.

my bp is 109/58 97 bit it is still tachy,my doctor has refered it back to the hospital,any advice is welcome

sats are 96/97,happy new year

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Life does go on squady and you are not alone in this fight. Pete now has cardio sarcoidosis, just when we thought things couldn't get worse, but onward and upward. I am thinking of you and wishing you well. Bless you and take care. Happy New Year to you too. xxxx

• sorry to hear about pete he is lucky to have you,in his time of need.i have an ecg on tuesday this week and a chest clinic the week after,you look after yourself as well as pete take care

• Hi squady I am sorry to hear that you are stage 3 and have so many health problems. Don't forget though that you can still have quality of life and there are many on here also stage 3 and even end stage. Stay strong and never give up hope. Hugs xx

• Hi Squady. There are quite a number of us here in BLF who have developed heart as well as lung problems. Like most conditions when we develop one we start meeting and chatting with others in similar situations. It has been my experience that most coronary problems seem to be controlled by meds but it can take a few reviews for the docs to get the mix just right. I wish you well and hope that they can find the right balance of medication for you soon.

Regards Rib

• thanks for the reply,im concerned about the strain its putting on my ticker until the find the answer.ive had lung trouble since 1962 so they are pretty well shot .have a good year and good luck for the future

• I can't offer any advice, but I hope everything can be sorted and you're ok. xx

• thanks for the kind words.this is a great site full of good peeps

• Do you take Ventolin? if so that can bring on tachycardia in its own right. Verapamil is a calcium channel blocker info here drugs.com/verapamil.html.

I was running at 150+ for some time but still have episodes of 120 bpm I am now on 125mg digoxin with sotalol twice a day.

Be wEll

• i do have ventolin as a back up,but only use it once a month or so,i have to see the chest clinic next week and i have another es tuesday this week,i will have to wait for them to see what comes next,thanks for the link ive bookmarked it most usefull

• i do have ventolin as a back up,but only use it once a month or so,i have to see the chest clinic next week and i have another es tuesday this week,i will have to wait for them to see what comes next,thanks for the link ive bookmarked it most usefull

• Hi Squady, my heart rate was all over the place last year and the hospital put Tachycardia on my discharge papers, though no one mentioned it to me. I was in and out for repeated exacerbations, now on permanent a/bs. since which my heart rate has been a lot better. Your sats are good, so thats a positive! Don't know if thats any help or not. I'm stage 4. Take care. Love Kin Xx

You may also like...