Gotta love the Irish!

Paddy McCoy, an elderly Irish farmer, received a letter from the Department for Work & Pensions stating that they suspected he was not paying his employees the statutory minimum wage and they would send an inspector to interview them.

On the appointed day, the inspector turned up.

"Tell me about your staff," he asked Paddy.

"Well," said Paddy, "there's the farm hand, I pay him £240 a week, and he has a free cottage.

Then there's the housekeeper. She gets £190 a week, along with free board and lodging.

There's also the half-wit. He works a 16 hour day, does 90% of the work, earns about £25 a week along with a bottle of whisky and, as a special treat, occasionally gets to sleep with my wife."

"That's disgraceful" said the inspector, "I need to interview the half-wit."

"That'll be me then," said Paddy.

21 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Brilliant, Love It. Ha Ha.

• Lmao. X Sonia x

• :D

• Ha ha. Great start to the day.

• Good one. M x

• That's a good "un"

• lol :)

• :D

Love Dozy x

• Still laughing xx

• More please loved it

• :D :D :D That's a good'un :)

• Brilliant Xx

• lol lovely thank you xx

• That was great loved it.Lol

• That was a good one. xxx

• That is really true to the bone! :-)

• This would be funny if it didn't involve racial stereotyping... albeit mild as it goes to irony rather than intelligence.

I'm starting a campaign to clear this site of a glut of Irish jokes. If it were involving 'Packis' or 'Chinks' I'm certain there would be a bigger moderator backlash, but somehow if it's Irish stereotyping it's OK, is it?

A charity website that I assume is open to all, and accepts contributions from all, is OK with these offensive racist promotion 'jokes', is it?

• soulsaver,

This joke would be funny regardless of the nationality of the protagonist, as you seem to acknowledge.

In it he is portrayed as hard working and a good employer who, despite having little to show for his efforts, retains his sense of humour.

What exactly do you find objectionable about such "stereotyping" ?

• Funny : )

• I'll not be intimidated by levels of intellect that can't think of better than 'sad sack', and others who support the racist 'jokes' are down there are down there with them. Find something vaguely funny that doesn't belittle races and nationalities and join the human race.

Keep showing bigoted ignorance and personal abuse I'll keep responding and reporting. This site will do something about it.

• :D :D jimmy xxx :)

You may also like...