Mike 71

Further to my previous post I would like to share my experience of the NHS with members,I asked my consultant to put me on the waiting list for valve reduction therapy ( in this prcedure they insert valves in the lungs to reduce pressure) I undertook a scan which was an hour long, plus other tests to assess my suitability , the results were positive and I was given an appointment with the surgeon at the hospital who would carry out the procedure, that went well and I was eagerly awaitng the appointment to have the job done, I was given a further appointment with the consultant but instead of the news I was expecting I learned that the NHS had refused to to finance it, Iam now back to square one, Mike

Last edited by

16 Replies

• Wow they certainly built you up to knock you down. I was due a Pace and Ablate and that was cancelled! they say because of my lungs being worse than they expected?

Be Well

• Sorry to hear that Mike. Can you fight it? Would your consultant back you up? x

• Unbelievable!! Is there any way you can appeal the decision? Xx

• How about private,now you know what you need doing,cannot rely on NHS , it would be worth it in the end,so u can breathe again

• Hi Colour 23, the problem is it would cost at least £18.000

• i am seeing consultant next week about coils i live in the Leeds area what area do you live x

• Hi jeanlock , I'm in Bridgend, South Wales.

• That is disgusting!

• Sorry to hear that Mike. I'm going to the Royal Brompton for an assessment next week, made me wonder if it's worth the trouble?

• Hi Nikkers,make sure and let us know how you get on.I,m waiting for my referral to come through.D.

• Will do.

• OMG how disappointing and frustrating for you Mike. Hope there can be a satisfactory resolution for you hun.

love cx

• Hi Mike,might be worth contacting your MP.They can sometimes put pressure where it,s needed.Good luck.D.

• Hi Mike,might be worth contacting your MP.They can sometimes put pressure where it,s needed.Good luck.D.

• This is disgusting the NHS was set up to treat people who were ill and when you see that numpty Cameron throwing millions at bariatric operations it makes me mad I understand people who are over weight run the risk of heart attack high blood pressure ect but they can exercise and eat less you procedure can only be done by a surgeon when you go and see the consultant remind him that a gastric band costs £8,000 plus

• seems to be no sympathy when it comes lungs we are treated worse than leepers

You may also like...