Jarro-zymes

What on earth are they? Well I have digestive trouble and take Lanzoprazole to inhibit acidity.

I had C-difficile accompanied with terrible diarrhoea. I took antibiotics for this. But the diarrhoea stayed. I asked my consultant, but he said it would eventually stop. So i looked for my own solution. I found one and it's this Jarro-zymes. It helps digest difficult things like carbohydrates, bread. I found it on Amazon (where I have no shares or commission)

I wanted to explain how good this drug has been for me. So I looked it up on the internet.

Here is one link (there are several):

wholefoodsmagazine.com/supp...

I know several of us take Lanzoprazole for reflux, which I have too.

With a better digestion, it tends to happen less or not at all.

so there you are, hope this helps.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • what would you say has improved for you using them

• Mandy, straight away, I stopped having diarrhoea. That was such a blessing!

Also, I realise hat the food I eat seems to be digested faster - evacuation next day! I haven't had any bloating dince i started taking these. I also take acidophilus to populate my guts with friendly bacteria and Vit D.

One thing I noticed, nutty bread makes me constipated terribly!

• interesting...the problem is there is so much on the market that claim to be good or us you just get overwhelmed with it all but as someone with IBS i am very interested in finding something that someone can recommend because its not enough to have a lung disease life decided it would add a few ailments just to keep me on my toes !!!!

by the way i love your description of evacuation the next day it made me laugh ha ha x

• Hiya Michael, that's a really interesting (and long) article. I read it all! Might have to go back and reread it so I 'get it'.

I remember you told me about the enzymes a couple of months ago.

There's a good explanation about how the digestive system works, how the stomach is an acid environment and the small intestines are alkaline - didn't know the latter.

There's also an interesting part on acid blocking medication - which I'm taking at the moment, I think my stress levels at present have upped the acid.

Anyway, thank you again for sharing it. Hoping you're staying well, that your wife is too and that you have a lovely weekend xxx Penelope

• Ha, Penelope, thank you. My wife came to see me. I like to feed her well! she upset me by telling me "the reasons" why she got ill. I told her I wished in my heart that I would be able to heal her, but I cannot do this. she tried to comfort me; I foundered into tears! Poor girl.

• Oh dear, that's sad. My heart goes out to you both Michael.

I hope you'll be able to sleep tonight xxx. Penelope

• Dear Penelope, how kind of you. I slept like a log until 3 am. Read the end of GCHQ by Richard Aldrich and fell asleep again till morning. Had a good day singing at church with the rest of the choir, and wrote to my mother-in-law in South Africa! It's all good, thank you!

You may also like...