Bets are on, How far will I cover on my 6 minute walk test at the transplant clinic tomorrow?

so far I've covered 2 x 408 meters, 485 meters 495 meters 490 meters, 480 meters, all have been done off oxygen and sats normally drop down into the high 60s.

Every time I go I joke with the nurse saying this is the one where I break that 500 meter barrier but it does seem just out of my reach, as ever the eternal optimist in me is saying tomorrow will be the day. :)

come on dall you can do it!!!

(you'll just have to imagine 500 meters as 500 miles may have to come after transplant)

Tony :)

14 Replies

• Hi Tony, I am with you all the way. Tomorrow is the day you will do it --positive thinking, and you have come so near to your target before, so I am rooting for you tomorrow. I will be looking for your post to tell us you have done it. I have no idea how they do it at the transplant clinic, I mean do you have to go flat out or take a nice steady pace? If you are allowed to pace yourself then you will do it. Big hugs for tomorrow and all the best. hugs xxx

• Hi Huggs, you choose your own pace and go as far as you can in 6 minutes. I've always done my 6 minute walks without oxygen so that's how I do them now so I can compare how I am with other results.

Thanks for the encouragement, with luck and a good tail wind hopefully I'll post 500 meters tomorrow. :)

Tony xx

• If you just keep mantra-ing Levi's, I reckon you will do 501. My suggestion for a tail wind would be beans on toast for lunch ................. there's always one to lower the tone ;) With you all the way :) xxx

• Good luck , Good speed . May the wind be with you .

• Good luck. Keep us posted. Smash that record.

• Go for it Dall - if anyone can, you can! TAD xx

• Tony, Tony, Tony, Tony,

Go for it, do your best it is always good to have a goal to reach.

Fingers crossed

polly xx

• Go Tony!

• I am impressed. Maybe sing the song in your head "I will walk 500 miles" Na ne Na ;)

• Can't wait to get the results!

• Will have both fingers and toes crossed for you, after all the hard work you have done, keep positive.xx

• It is a given. With this much support you will not dare stop until you break the tape! May all the luck you need be with you. xx

• GO DALL GO you can do it. Just imagine you are down the wing fir Hereford football club

• Good luck Tony I'm sure you will smash it just think of us lot on hear do a meter for each one of us.

You may also like...