Aerosure ? does this device really work ?

I have a friend who has copd and other associated lung disorders. She has asked me to check out the Aerosure Medic for her to possibly use in her day to day life.

She has a couple of questions regarding this device;

1. Does it work

2. What is actually in this machine to make it work ?

3. Is there a refill that you need to purchase after a period of time and if so are they easily available.

Thanks - any help / advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by

8 Replies

• If you put aerosure in the search box above, you will see all the posts about it that have been put on here before, hope this helps

• Thanks for that mickyt but I have already done that. I just wondered if there were any new up to date comments, now it has become more popular. Have a good day.

• Customer Reviews on Amazon. Some good, some not so good.

• Hi there and many thanks for your reply. Have checked out loads of feedback and so far, there is more good than bad. Will also check BLF. Catch up again soon. Hope you are having a good WEaster. Any more news greatfully received.

• It looks expensive for a start. If any NHS department has any, they probably would loan one. But it must adhere to strict medical standard if not... it's full of air!

• Perhaps ask someone at BLF as they are actively supporting it.

• I bought one and used it to build up my lung capacity before PR and I found it brilliant. It is self contained, needs nothing other than cleaning, comes with full instructions and record sheets. It is basically a facemask with a built on chamber that contains a variable restrictor.You start with very little restriction and over the weeks build up to maximum. However, once you have reached maximum and can do it easily, there is little benefit in carrying on with the device. I then clean it, put it away and bring it back out whenever I have had a flare up or infection BUT you must remember that exercising the lungs to max capacity within six weeks of an infection, can damage them.....the same rules as with breathing tests. Easy to use , simple and nothing else to buy.

• Thanks for this my friend. I have a friend who is very poorly, she has now bought one of these. This has been a great help. Will post again to say how she gets on. Have a great day.

You may also like...