One way to keep a politician quiet!

An old priest who became sick of all the people in his parish who kept confessing to adultery.

One Sunday, in the pulpit, he said, “If I hear one more person confess to adultery, I’ll leave the priesthood!” Well, everyone liked him, so they came up with a code word. Someone who had committed adultery would say they had “fallen”.

This seemed to satisfy the old priest and things went well, until the priest died at a ripe old age. About a week after the new priest arrived, he visited the Mayor of the town and seemed very concerned. The priest said, “you have to do something about the sidewalks in town.   When people come into the confessional, they keep talking about having fallen.”

The Mayor started to laugh, realising that no-one had told the new priest about the code word.

Before the mayor could explain, the priest shook an accusing finger at the mayor and said, “I don’t know what you’re laughing about, your wife fell two times this week.”

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Ha Ha Ha brilliant wasn't expecting that.

• Love it , now you may be the other side of the world , compared with us here in harrow, middlesex but on the humour front at least think we are next door neighbours, Tigerhouse ( her ) tends not to talk about her illnesses, tigerhouse's other worse half ( me & him ) does the jokes etc, trying not to take life too seriously despite everything thrown at us on a daily basis thanks again and keep them coming xx

• Hallo neighbour! Better to laugh than cry eh?

By the way,love that Wendy house,how lovely that Mrs Tigerhouse has a 'getaway' from the world! I bet she loves it.

Take care,love Wendells xxx

• That was a good one Wendells. X

• Loved that joke Wendells. Keep them coming :) x

• Oh dear, I'd better be careful who I tell when I have a fall ;-)

• Enjoyed that one Wendells. Its good to have a bit of a laugh. Keep well

• Giggle....lol

• Oh just brilliant

• lol very good thank you xx

• I fell about when I read that!(oops)

You may also like...