How amazing is this?: trueactivist.com... - British Lung Foun...

British Lung Foundation
41,053 members47,115 posts

How amazing is this?

trueactivist.com/gab_galler...

When you open the link, just scroll down a little and press the arrow button and I suspect you will be stunned by the recording. :)

27 Replies
oldestnewest

Stunned? Yes! Incredible! Andy

1 like

I was gobsmacked when I listened to it :)

1 like

Are you talking crickets?

I have heard this sound in crop circle season guess it could be that crop circle seasons is high population cricket season too :) We have brown crickets in the south. I wonder if its the crickets that make the crop circles (ie those not made by man) :)

It truly is a celestial sound.

Thanks for sharing this scrobbitty

1 like

Haven't seen or heard any crickets since I've lived down here - perhaps the sea air doesn't agree or it salts up their 'voices' LOL - loving the idea of crickets making the crop circles though :)

Can't say I've ever noticed crickets on the beach, just crustaceans and those two legged creatures ;)

Haven't been to the beach in ages, unfortunately the parking in Bournemouth is usually at the top of a steep hill - great for whooshing down but not so fun crawling back up again. :)

Wow, stunned, thank you Scrobbs

Pleasure! I was impressed that someone even thought to slow down the cricket sounds :)

1 like

Absolutely wonderful could listen over and over.

It's fabulously soothing - someone commented on the original link that it would have been better without the original speed overlaying it but I didn't think it detracted too much :)

I think it enhances the sound

It is beautiful, just like you would imagine the songs of Angels to sound.

It is so haunting and yes, I can imagine that too :)

Wow, what those little back legs can do. It was beautiful but would like to think there were other recordings out there to prove it's not a fake. Regards Dozy :)

1 like

Will do some hunting ......... I have a cricket catcher and I'm not afraid to use it .... LOL :)

1 like

That's sounds amazing,certainly very haunting sound.

Xx

Could be the Christmas No 1 LOL :)

1 like

Amazing soothing sound! :) x

I had it playing earlier and dozed off because it was so soothing :)

I don't feel so silly then, because that's what happened to me too! :) x

I always loved the Crickets, especially with Buddy Holly. What? Different Crickets? Oh 'eck, back to the naughty step.

Bobby xxxx

1 like

I think they were the same crickets, just during their experimental phase - you are thus saved from the naughty step :) xx

1 like

Oooh thank you Scrobby. Bar of choccy on its way by pigeon post.

Bobby xxxx

You were let off lightly there deserves 2 bars lol

Fantastic

KOTC

Amazing Scrobbs, head or heart. I'm wondering about a smoothly blended loop and perhaps some attention in apple's garage band, hmmmmmmmm

beautiful and amazing - and I expect sounds as beautiful in the way they experience time to the crickets themselves - thank you - wonderful in the true sense of the word. xx

You may also like...