Eklira Genuair

Daxas

Please does anyone know the benefits of Eklira Genuair as opposed to Spiriva - is it better or the same?

AND: Daxas - Has anyone got experience of this tablet? My Consultant said there are side effects and one of them is weight loss and I am too thin already. Can anyone throw any light on these two medications please? I am in the Newport Breathe Easy Group and we don't know much about these two medications. I am on 24hr oxygen 2L and currently have a chest infection. Thank you.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Best info I can find about Eklira Genuair is in the following link:

keele.ac.uk/media/keeleuniv...

breathe easy

johnwr

• quite a bit of reading from previous posts on same subject:

healthunlocked.com/search/E...

• i take EKLIRA GENUAIR , it is an inhaler ,and i certainly haven`t lost weight , which I could do with ,as I am about 20 pounds over weight

• whoops, missed the daxas bit ,being the tablet

• i switched from spiriva to eklira and found it better.

• Thank you for the information - and for the community spirit lovely peoples. I'm struggling another infection at the moment and when I was at Chest Clinic a the Nurse said it was my choice - NOT very helpful I thought. I asked her if she thought it would be better for me but she didn't know. Oh dear. I've also now bought a salt pipe which I'll try once I've finished the antibiotics and steroids. One lady in our Breathe Easy Group has one and she said it helps her clear her chest.

• you just have to be determined to be a partner with medics in managing your disease ... and if they are not helpful enough try pushing them or finding those who are helpful. I get good help now.

• Hi, my mum has severe copd, asked the doctor regarding daxus she knew nothing about it....mum was so desperate to try anything she ended up getting it from Germany ... Cut a long story it didn't agree with her loads of side effects stop taking immediately . Still not sure if it's been approved here yet

You may also like...