Goodwood yesterday

Goodwood yesterday

We went to the Goodwood Revival yesterday - all dressed up. Because my consultant has stopped all my useful medication whilst they do tests to discover what has made me worse I get very breathless. I took the plunge and booked a mobility scooter for use there. It was brilliant I was whizzing around so much I used the battery up in the first one and had to get it replaced! My husband first of all thought it was a liability but then loved the fact there were superb viewing platforms I could access. We go every year but usually I hardly go anywhere. This year I saw parts of the course I've never been to before. The photo if it is there is just after I had bought a beautifully soft blanket. My husband thought I should have it wrapped round my knees to make me look really old and decrepit! Elder daughter"s comment "you look ridiculous ". I am not going to Duxford today with my husband even though the weather is nice.

10 Replies

• You look great and so pleased you enjoyed yourself. It is a lovely place to be and beautiful views. Pete and I have been before but not to Goodwood Revival. Well done you. Carole xxxx

• You look fantastic! Don't listen to a word your eldest daughter says - she's putting you down and you certainly don't need that sh*t, grrr, life's hard enough.

• Great! Good for you! Have a good day out today x x

• Glad you had a good day Judith. I have family in Chichester and my Dad used to go to Goodwood when we were kids. He loved it. I loved Chichester. We come from Scotland and the summers we spent down south were super!

• You look great Judith, so please you had a great day too :)

Best wishes BC x

• You look fantastic with that cheeky grin Judith

Your daily humour tonic

• You do NOT look ridiculous, you look fantastic! Always wanted to visit Goodwood but my husband can't walk well so haven't made it yet. Did you hire the scooter there - may need to try that next year? Glad you enjoyed your day. Shame you missed Duxford.

• I hired it from shopmobility who do it for Goodwood. If you p,an to go book it when you boom the tickets. £25 hire and £10 refundable cost on the day. I had the best time ever and we have been going for over 5 years. Look on the FAQs re disabled visitors. Duxford is near us and the triumph day is on every year. I only go when I feel like it so not really worried about missing it.

Turandot and Rush this week to see.

• What a lovely happy photo Judith, so pleased that you had a good day. Heather.

• What a beautiful photo of a beautiful lady.Please don't listen to your ungrateful daughter! She should be very proud.

I remember Goodwood very well,after growing up in Felpham,& often going with family,to the Goodwood races.

Glad to see you're enjoying life xxx

You may also like...