We were discussing books we like on a

post not long ago and I mentioned that I was going to order a book which had just been published and which had been written by my nephews wife. I have now read this book and would thoroughly recommend it. It starts off a bit slow and then turns into a can't put down and I am ashamed to say that I cried at the end. The title is My Beautiful England by Michelle Flatley. If any of you read it please let me know what you thought of it.

Last edited by

15 Replies

• Hi

Just downloaded the kindle edition to my I...pad .

Like the quote at the beginning .

Will read over weekend .

• can't remember the quote at the beginning and I have lent my copy to my sister.

• I will not cease from mental fight,

Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand ,

Till we have built Jerusalem .

In England's green and pleasant Land.

William Blake.

• I am an avid reader and, after reading about the book I have just now uploaded it to my Kindle.

I am busy reading the latest book by Lee Child so will read 'My Beautiful England' after that.

It sounds as if it will be a very good read.

• I have also just ordered one I love being recommended to read books I would otherwise not look at.

I have just read The Pilgrimage of Harold Fry which was a book I would not have chosen but by gosh have I enjoyed it. I have also just bought "the 100year old man who fell out of the window" I will let you know how that goes :D

• I read 'The 100 year old man . . .' earlier this year, but didn't he climb out of the window rather than fall? Found it a little difficult to get into at first, but worth persevering with.

• yes he did but hey if it was me I would definitely fall I don't have the energy to climb;)

• "the 100year old man who fell out of the window" - like the title; will look out for it.

• I read the 100 year old man and thoroughly enjoyed it. I belong to a book club at work and have just read when God was a rabbit.

• Oh yes God was a rabbit was fantastic and would highly recommend it. I will try the My beautiful england on Kindle. I love being recommended books - so often they are ones I would not think of but then really enjoy By the way I would not recommend The Cuckoo Calling by Robert Galbraith - too wordy and descriptive and not enough action or tension

• THANK YOU Gail

I ordered the book and I have read it and thoroughly enjoyed it and have now passed it to my daughter. Onwards and Upwards to your niece-in-law!!!!

• Glad you enjoyed it.

• I am now reading the book you suggested, My Beautiful England. Thank you so much for suggesting this book. I am thoroughly enjoying it, in fact, so much, I can hardly put it down.

An excellent read.

• I just had to report on this again. I finished reading 'My Beautiful England' this morning and I have to say I was in tears!

It is a most heartbreaking book to read and would strongly recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading.

Thank you once again for suggesting it to us.

• Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did.I will send all your comments to Michelle she really appreciates the feedback.

You may also like...