Saw my Respiratory Consultant today and asked the important question "Will I be ok to fly to Oz considering my breathing difficulties..." His response was to wait a few months, do another Lung Function Test and 'flight test' and see what the results are.
Problem is, I'm looking to fly out on Boxing Day (daughter and family have booked their ticket) so I doubt I'd get a seat if I wait to book it that late! So he's bought the LFT forward to a couple of weeks time. Based on the results I may/may not be able to go. I've been on Prednisolone for the last few months and will be on them for up to 12 months, so I guess this and the LFT Results will have a bearing on whether I can go or not.If I can, then he said I would need oxygen, and well, that ups the cost of Insurance, etc - which is fine if I can get there!
It's a trip I do often (before my illness) and once lived there, but just wondered if anyone has made the trip with their breathing compromised and had to go with oxygen, how they've coped etc. Any advice would be very welcome.