has anyone heard of the clinical research company in London ASCOT Clinic, I want to know who they are etc as they invited me for appointment

apparently I got a form, I vaguely remember filling something in earlier this year regarding my COPD and I cant quite remember who they were but I got a call today and email from a research clinic in London who referred to my application to apply for clinical trials for something called Pathway study.

Im quite happy to take an afternoon off work and go along but I wanted to find out more about them and I cant find anything on the internet, and am thinking I should contact the nurse at our doctors surgery who put me forward to apply?

4 Replies

• Hello

I have just Googled The Ascot Clinic and was directed to the Cylex Business directory, lots of info on there, the website quoted is:- ascotclinic.co.uk

They are at Heatherwood Hospital, London Road, Ascot, SL5 8AA

• I can't help I'm afraid, but I'm sure if you contact the BLF tomorrow they'll know if they are legitimate or not.

• I have found on the web William Harvey and it also mentions on the web the doctors david callier and Julian shiel this is what it says

"We hope you find the following pages useful and informative. Clinical trials allow us to find more effective methods to screen for, prevent, diagnose, or treat a variety of diseases. WHRI in conjunction with Barts and The London NHS Trust are always looking to develop research studies in all areas of medicine. We work with colleagues from all over our three hospitals (The Royal London, London Chest and St Bartholomew’s Hospitals) and in the medical school, which is part of Queen Mary University of London, and from over 120 GP surgeries in north east London.

Our work on clinical trials forms part of the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) BRU (Biomedical Research Unit) at Barts and The London. The NHS sees growing our ability to do medical research as a national priority and we are grateful to benefit from this support.

Hypertension studies:

Pathway 1, 2 and 3

Rox control HTN - device study for patients with resistant hypertension

Respiratory studies:

Several studies for COPD and asthma

I will contact the nurse at the doctors but if it is legit then im more than happy to go along, anything to help with the breathing problems

• Hi

I would check with the BLF also, they may know more than your nurse.

You may also like...