I treated myself to a packet of jelly babies(as recommended on this site) and Hello magazine.

There was an article in Hello about the effect of a high level of Vitamin D and better asthma control.

I think someone else has mentioned this before.

We need some sunshine...I take cod liver oil capsules don't know if they help with Vit D levels.

10 Replies

• Just enjoy those jelly babies :)

Yep cod liver oil is a natural source of Vitamins A and D - all those mums in byegone years got it right LOL :)

• Urrrrgh! My mum spent years tipping Cod liver oil and malt down my neck to make me a big strong boy. I finished up 5' 4" and 8 stone.

Bobby xxxx

• I remember that stuff. Also metatone, meggezones, syr.of figs, castor oil (UGH) and other revolting preps.

• NHS milk and NHS orange juice? Yuk!

Bobby xxxx

• I used to give my son Haliborange vit tablets, it contained vit A, D & C he improved quite a lot taking those,

ps Don't know if they do adult dose

• I've been taking Vitamin D3 for some time and get mine via the Internet at a good price - - cheaper than the high street shops ;)

You need to discuss this with your GP or consultant though, if you intend taking high strength jelly babies, I mean capsules, like this. They do not benefit everyone. You also need to check if the ones you buy contain calcium, again, not good for everyone and the ones I use don't have any.

There's some more info on this topic in previous blogs and questions, see :>

• Think I've missed something here, are jelly babies good for you ?

Lib x

• Black ones are an aphrodisiac!

• You nearly got me there.!! Are they like the little boy ones you get a bit extra ? x

• But only if you bite off the heads first , Annie, that's the secret ;)

Sandra x x x

You may also like...