How long does it take for hayfever symptoms to improve after it rains?

Hi there

This is a question for fellow hayfever and allergy sufferers.

Have you noticed how long it takes for your symptoms to improve once the weather changes and it rains enough to reduce pollen levels?

I'd like to know because I am wondering if my asthma is better now purely because of the stronger inhaler or if the rain is also responsible. I do know that my asthma is the last symptom to start up during hayfever - my eyes and nose are quicker.

Thanks!

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have very bad hayfever. I always know when it is going to rain as my symptoms get much worse! Then as if by magic the air pressure lifts and I feel much better. But sometimes the hay fever subsides immediately and sometimes it damn well gets worse! It must be dependent on the pollen I am actually allergic to. Take care. TAD xx

• Although I don't suffer with asthma, I do react to the change in air pressure. Keep well, Koala xx

• I would say its better due to the stronger inhaler and although every one is different my sons asthma is always worse after the rain.. Love julie xx

• My hayfever used to be really bad, but I have a spoonfull or two of local honey every day starting in the lead up to hayfever season, and I am a lot better than I used to be. My friend does this too and it really helps her as well.

• Mine improves pretty quickly after rain. My worst allergy is tree pollen, much less with grass or flowers.

Lynne xx

• Mine also improves fairly soon after rain. xx

You may also like...