BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS AND CHEST INFECTIONS

Has any one else seen the BLF letter asking for help with funding...in it is a copy of an email from researchers who have seen that people" with the highest blood sugar levels did worse when they got a chest infection"...the sugar may feed the bacteria they think..and they are looking to see if a diabetes drug would help.

By the way my "Love your Lungs" campaign has faltered...I have yet another chest infection...spitting feathers!

You may also like...

You need to sign up or log in to reply

5 Replies

• Oh noooooooooooooooo ! and it was such a great campaign too. Mind you, could the cause of the latest chest infection be those feathers you are spitting? :)

So bad news, chest infection and no chocolate to make you feel better because it will make you feel worse. This is a bad Monday !
  • Sorry to see you are suffering. Hope you get well soon!
    High sugar levels are not good for anyone! I am pleased my chocolate binge last evening did not make me susseptable.
    Kevin
  • Infections play havoc with blood sugar too, and taking Prednisolone even more so! Double whammy if, like my husband, you are diabetic as well as IPF.....
    Gill
  • Worried about the feathers you are spitting. Do you think you think somehow your lungs and your pillows have got mixed up? Please check, see if any pillows are missing.
  • I had no idea about blood sugar and infections but it does seem to make good sense. I will look into this further on Pete's behalf I think. Thanks knitter and get well soon. xxx

You need to sign up or log in to reply