Hypnosis - do you think that it would make a difference

Hello lovely people

I have been thinking about hypnosis recently, wondering whether it would help with shortness of breath.

Sometimes, when I am really short of breath, I panic which makes everything worse.

Perhaps hypnotherapy would stop me panicking and stop me making a drama out of a crisis.

What do you think - would hypnotheray help you cope with your condition.

Annec

xxxxx

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi, it would be interesting to find out , let us know if you decide to have a go ,and what the outcome is .

• I have tried hypnosis before - when I was trying to stop smoking in the 80s but it didn't work. I didn't say anything to the hypnotist because I didn't want to uset him.

Annec

xxxxx

• Sounds as though it might help with the panic side of things. I'm sure you could be taught a relaxation technique to use when you feel you are starting to panic. Worth enquiring from a qualified practioner. Do let us know.

• I think that I would like to try in the hope that I would be able to cope when panic threatened to make things worse. I said above in reply to Meike that I had tried hypnosis before (for smoking) but it didn't work. Perhaps I should take more care when I try to find a hypnotist.

Annec

xxxxx

• Yer best make sure they're accredited, you don't wanna be going round clucking like a chicken every time someone says hello or attacking the vicar like on Mrs browns boys heheheherr. Choke cough gotta stop doin this not good fer me ealth, lol :D

• Azaard!!!!!

I think you might put me off - OMG, what if I was 'turned' into Mrs Brown. It doesn't bear thinking about.

Annec

xxxxx

• It's be funny though lmao ;)

• Check out panic attacks in the blogs section. Contains interesting looking PDF files.

Good luck,

Chris

• Hi Chris

I don't know what PDF files are. What do I need to do to find the information.

Annec

xxxxx

• Anne, PDF files are files opened and read with Adobe Acrobat. Most computers have Adobe on them, if not it's a free and safe download. If you don't have it there might even be a link pop up when you click on a link to a PDF file, can't remember now as it's so long since I've had it.

• Dont think it would hurt to try,,if it stops the panic attacks.. :)

• I don't panic as much as I used to do (but I do now and again).

Anything to rid myself of the feeling of panic would be a God-send.

Annec

xxxxx

• If you click on the links contained in the blog each will take you to a page of useful info.PDF is just the format they have been saved in.

You can print them out or save into your PDF reader, assuming you have one. I just used the I reader on this iPad.

Good luck,

Chris

• Hiya Pepsi

Wifey had hypnotherapy for smoking and it didn't work. She recently tried again for dieting and it has worked like a charm. She has lost two stone. It might be worth you having just one session to see how it goes. Bob xx

• Hi Annec, rattles has just posted a blog about panic/anxiety and I have posted a reply on Helen's (BLF) leaflet blog about my experience. May be of some use to you. Libby

You may also like...