Covid jab : Hi very new to all this... - British Heart Fou...

British Heart Foundation

26,670 members17,516 posts

Covid jab

LAC63 profile image
LAC63

Hi very new to all this. Had HA beginning of april on various meds. Still quite anxious about pains and twinges. But to add to mix my 2nd covid jab due next week is it safe to go ahead?

19 Replies
Kristin1812 profile image
Kristin1812Heart Star

The BHF website says the vaccine is safe for people with heart conditions, but I can find nothing about a jab soon after a HA. You might feel happier if you called the Heart Helpline team (on 0300 330 3311 Mon-Fri 9-5pm or email hearthelpline@bhf.org.uk) to check that out.

LAC63 profile image
LAC63 in reply to Kristin1812

Thanks. I will do that. Good to know others out there.

MichaelJH profile image
MichaelJHHeart Star

Hello and welcome to the forum!

There are some indications you should be in good health (for yourself) when vaccinated. Four weeks post a mild heart attack is probably fine but it would be sensible to check with your GP.

Out of interest, when was your first jab and which product was it?

LAC63 profile image
LAC63 in reply to Londinium

It was 13th feb. & A, Z.

Londinium profile image
Londinium in reply to LAC63

Thank you for your reply.

So your HA was within 6 wks of that first jab? Were any heart issues diagnosed prior to that first jab?

LAC63 profile image

No had no issues dont smoke or drink.. Tho am overweight & do or did have bad eating habits.. Which now is being put right. I do believe it was my bad eating habits. Which blocked arteries... No mention of the jab being related..

Londinium profile image

You were not suffering with heart issues prior to the jab? Out of interest, we're your arteries checked, and found to be blocked, prior to the HA?

LAC63 profile image

I did have ballooning to open arteries no stent as difficult place to put one in at present. Next phone appt in june so hopefully if i keep on straight & narrow things will settle down.

Londinium profile image

Ok. If I understand you correctly, all this was diagnosed after the HA. It was not diagnosed before the HA, and it was not diagnosed before the first jab. Thanks. 🖖🏻

LAC63 profile image

Yes after HA. no signs symptoms before.

Londinium profile image

Hope you make a good recovery. 👍

The people who oversee the vaccination are excellent can advise . My husband had his second jab while two weeks away from being in hospital with sepsis and he was fine at 93 years of age

Hello From what I understand it's the meds you are on which dictate if the jab should go ahead . I don't think they jab you, say if your on cloppy dog rel, but as others have said best check with either the GP surgery or the Vaccination centre !!! I have Moderate Heart Failure and along with 1000s of others had no problem with Two jabs of AZ just happy to have had them.

Vaccinated and Still doing Hands Face Space to Stay Safe

Milkfairy profile image
MilkfairyHeart Star in reply to Prada47

Hi Prada47

I am on clopidogrel it's not a problem as it is an antiplatelet medication.

I have had both my AZ vaccines now.

If you are taking warfarin your INR has to be well controlled.

The staff ask what medication you are taking etc before you are vaccinated.

LAC63 profile image
LAC63 in reply to Prada47

Thanks. My next call will be to docs.. Think just need to have reassurance.. From others.

hiya i also had a HA in april on numerous cardiac drugs, i was anxious about getting my second vaccine. i spoke to my doctor who advised to have it. i had my second vaccine no problems ,no side effects

LAC63 profile image
LAC63 in reply to lindyloo21

Thank you im definitely going ahead checked with my doc who said it was fine.. So will be double dosed on sat.

Yes its safe i have had severe heart disease now since 2011 numerous stents quadruple bypass now an icd implant i have had both my covid jabs had no problems with either i had my second jab 2 days before going for my icd implant

You may also like...