Oxford, AstraZeneca vaccine - British Heart Fou...

British Heart Foundation

26,054 members17,171 posts

Oxford, AstraZeneca vaccine

Page12
Page12

Hi folks..

Im due for crona vaccine and the only one available is Oxford, AstraZeneca,, well I'm bit worried regarding the reports that i read about Oxford, AstraZeneca and blood clothing.. Has anyone recently had

Oxford, AstraZeneca vaccine and what did they feel and what side affects did they get? Your respond is most appreciated.

137 Replies

Hey Page12

My son works for AstraZeneca and he assures me it is very good. I made a point of making sure I had Oxford vaccine and obviously I will have the same again for my second jab.

I had my first vaccine in January, my arm hurt which is a common experience and I had a headache for a few days. Then I was completely fine. My second jab is next week.

Thank you for your respond

What do you mean you will do the same for your 2nd jab? You can't mix & match them.. Like you can't get the Oxford shot for your 1st then get the Pfizer for your 2nd.

As far as I’m aware you don’t have a choice which vaccine you get, it’s whatever they are using on the day you go. And whichever one you get, they give you the same one for the second jab. Only people who have a known reason not to have the Pfizer such as history of allergic reaction can actually choose to have the AZ. Both vaccines are safe and excellent and we are lucky to have them.

There are a very small number of cases of blood clots - AstraZeneca in their update of 14/03/2021 state that:- So far across the EU and UK, there have been 15 events of DVT and 22 events of pulmonary embolism reported among those given the vaccine, based on the number of cases the Company has received as of 8 March. This is much lower than would be expected to occur naturally in a general population of this size and is similar across other licensed COVID-19 vaccines. This number is based on over 17million vaccinations .All the regulators have said that the risk is very small and is far outweighed by the risk of not getting the vaccine and catching Covid19.

I had my 1st jab on 21/02/21 which was AstraZeneca, and had a flu like reaction the following day, which if nothing else proves that my immune system has reacted to the vaccine. Beyond that I've been fine as have everyone I know who had received the AZ vaccine.

Rosei
Rosei in reply to Page12

I have had both my jabs, first one I had some aches and a headache, not for The latest, I am fine, my grandson age thirty, he had Flu like symptoms for a day and a half, then he has been fine.

"This is much lower than would be expected to occur naturally in a general population of this size and is similar across other licensed COVID-19 vaccines."

Why are you posting nonsense? There have been no reports of blood clots with the Pfizer jab.

Lifeisfun
Lifeisfun in reply to mrpenguin

Bit rude, there have, if you Google you can find the numbers, but 100% read an article on it about a week ago, they showed a graph, which showed both vaccines have people saying they gave them clots.

mrpenguin
mrpenguin in reply to Lifeisfun

I did google before I commented & even the BBC says there have been none only 2 days ago.

Lifeisfun
Lifeisfun in reply to mrpenguin

I have just looked at the graph, there was a death from clot in America, after the pfyser jab and more platelet problems. Let's agree to disagree.

bee2
bee2 in reply to mrpenguin

Dont just listen to the BBC who are being paid to dole out propaganda for the government narrative. dailymail.co.uk/news/articl...

If you read the post - the question was about Astra Zeneca - as is my reply. No one mentioned Pfizer!!

Anyway lol I had my first shot bout 3 wks ago...got a bit cocky saying "yup I'm all good feeling fine what you all going on about????"then... next day around lunchtime ish...my poor arm felt like it had been battered with a brick😲then as if by magic the day after nothing at all...not even a tiny bit of anything😁...so I'm hoping that my second one will go just as smoothe..and for the record, my immune system is total rubbish and I'm on aspirin and anti platelet meds...just having the flu jab gives me the worst flu ever so I don't have it anymore...i think it's just the way some of us are made. We get all kinds of side effects from anything and everything but the experts have really studied this and the benefits definately outweigh the risks just be vigilant in the following days of vaccine whichever one they give you and anything wierd they can zap it early if need be...gl .xdebx

There have been some of these apparent events with Pfizer vaccine! Note also that some people with autoimmune conditions or allergies are advised against taking Pfizer! 4 members of our family have had the Oxford vaccine 2 below 40 one of which is female. The only affect is a tender arm in all cases. &, just to mention my husband has ITP (low platelets & takes Aspirin for clots post aortic valve because he can't take other anticoagulation because he has ITP et al) People taking heparin have this rare reaction as well. There is the possibility that some of these people may have had: Covid previously (asymptomatic/low symptomatic?) which may have caused blood clots, as women who were menopausal & taking hormone replacement, or younger women who were on the pill, on medication (see above) or who have previously undetected health issues. Nb my husbands ITP was discovered when he had operation & many health conditions may only be discovered by accident (ie blood or other test for procedure) The numbers are still in line/lower than natural occurrence in the general population.

Jay777
Jay777 in reply to mrpenguin

That’s incorrect. BBC reported 2 UK CVST cases following Pfizer - bbc.co.uk/news/health-56620646. Bearing in mind less Pfizer than AZ have been administered.

That is such a great post thanks.

I had my first AstraZeneca jab last month. Other than the usual aching arm I was perfectly fine. As were my parents, my sister and all of my friends who have also had the AstraZeneca jab.

Page12
Page12 in reply to Judge_Dredd

Thank you for your respond.

Qualipop
Qualipop in reply to Page12

My son had it last week; just a sore arm for a few days

Wife had hers back in January - just felt a little fluey, lasted 24 hours. I had mine in February - wiped me out for 24 hours. Both looking forward to our 2nd jabs shortly.

Page12
Page12 in reply to shopman

shopman
shopman in reply to Page12

I believe the benefits outweigh the risks, but seeing as I class myself as an old git these day then ......................................

Arrowe
Arrowe in reply to Page12

I understand how you must feel. The Public Health message is “the risk of Covid far outweighs the risk from the vaccine”. This is somewhat obvious in that they are employed to promote public health. When it comes to us as individuals however, we naturally care about ‘our own’ health. You can see that many people on the forum have taken the trouble to reassure you, and indeed have been quite well after having the jab. If you feel that your health would be seriously affected by the virus, then I think it is easy to make the decision. It took me a while to make the decision, and I used that criteria. Best of luck.....I’m sure you’ll be fine!

Had the AZ vaccine about 3 weeks back.

A bit I'd a hangover feeling the next day, back to running 8km the day after that.

I had it about a month ago, felt a bit rough for a few days and again a week later, Afib increased and still getting more ectopics and svt but I didn't have any arm pain at all.

My daughter had it and she was very poorly for 2 days, she's fit and well so wasn't expecting such a reaction. I will have the second one and just hope I'm ok.

Page12
Page12 in reply to bantam12

I had that one and I’m due my 2nd one soon. I had no bad side effects. Was more tired for a few days after but that was about it

Page12
Page12 in reply to buddy2blue

Now aged 59, but with 5 Bypasses in 2013, 2 HA's and 2 Stents in 2019, generally well and had my first Oxford AZ Jab a few weeks ago, like you, have worried a little after all the press reports, especially as I've been getting weird arm pains recently that seem to have worsened since the Jab.....but I think that's more me than the Jab, same as other posters, small amount of arm soreness and feeling a bit rough for a few days otherwise nothing. Hope it all goes well....will have 2nd OAZ Jab in due course.

Page12
Page12 in reply to GaryR

You are safer having the AZ vaccine than catching covid which can also cause blood clots among other things.

Page12
Page12 in reply to CDPO16

I have caught crona in tge past from my daughter who got it from school. And thank you for your response.

CDPO16
CDPO16 in reply to Page12

I have had both doses of the AZ vaccine. I had quite a strong reaction to the first by way of shivers, high temperature, nausea and loss of appetite but no side effects from the second dose. My experience is relatively common from the AZ vaccine and I consoled myself the first time with the thought that I was building up antibodies. Much more preferable to me than the risk of being fully exposed to the virus.

mrpenguin
mrpenguin in reply to CDPO16

That's encouraging to hear you had no side effects from the 2nd dose. I had similar to you from the 1st dose, shivers, high temp, headache but I didn't have nausea or loss of appetite. Only lasted 24 hours then I was fine again.

CDPO16
CDPO16 in reply to mrpenguin

Oxford scientists have said that, from data gathered, reaction to the first vaccine is more common than to the second dose.

GrannyE
GrannyE in reply to CDPO16

That is a great comfort

Adelaide76
Adelaide76 in reply to CDPO16

I had exactly the same reaction to my first vaccination getting second on 9th May

I had the Pfizer one but my husband had the AZ one and he had no side effects. We’re both due to have our second jabs next month.

Page12
Page12 in reply to Fredders

Milkfairy
MilkfairyHeart Star

I had the Oxford Astra Zenica vaccine 15th February.I did have a reaction it made my angina much worse which I reported.

However I will have the second vaccine without any worries.

The risk of dying from Covid 19 are very much greater than the vaccination side effects.

Page12
Page12 in reply to Milkfairy

Thanks for the feed back

I had the Oxford vaccine mid February no real side affects and patiently waiting my second jab.

Actually feeling less stressed about the situation seeing numbers going down it has been a struggle hopefully the end is in sight

Stay safe

Page12
Page12 in reply to gilreid1

Thanks for your response

Hi, I read that the blood clots seen with the AZ vaccine are the same sort as seen in women who take the pill and that the affected demographic is middle aged women. My personal view is that I took the pill for many years without worrying about clots so why worry about the tiny possibility with the AZ vaccine. Obviously that’s just me and we all have to make our own minds up. As it turned out I had the Pfizer vaccine because that’s what they were using on the day I went, but I would have had AZ.

Page12
Page12 in reply to Shar28

Thanks for your response

Carolo70
Carolo70 in reply to Shar28

No the clot formation seen in cerebral venous sinus is not the same

I had the OAZ jab on the 4th February and the 2nd Due 23rd April I will be going for the 2nd one for sure. No ill effects from the 1st Vaccination .

I am sure the MHRA would stop it if it wasn't Safe.

One question I would like to ask anyone in the know

" How soon was the Clot identified after the vaccination " was it Gradual or a Sudden onset straight after the jab ??anyone

Vaccinated Hands Face Space to Stay Safe

ps As I understand it if you had the OAZ 1st time that's what you get for the 2nd one !!!

Page12
Page12 in reply to Prada47

Thanks for your response.

Hi Page12. Yes, I had the AZ vaccine just over a month ago (due to my lung issues). My close friend had it due to heart failure and I know several people who’ve had it now. We’re all fine. I think the risk posed by the vaccine is thousands-fold less than catching covid itself.

I was unwell for a good few days afterwards with a temperature and quite strong flu-like symptoms but I’m in a demographic more likely to react that way apparently (42, F who reacts badly to viruses generally).

Having watched my friend with heart failure suffer from covid last year, I’m so grateful to have received it and I’ll happily have my second in a few weeks time as I’ve no doubt I’d have fared poorly with the real thing. I’ll book a couple of days off work this time though! Best of luck.

Page12
Page12 in reply to Artichokes

Thank you for your feed back hun

I had the Oxford vaccine. My arm was sore about a day afterwards and I felt a bit feverish about 36 hours later, but just took some over the counter flu medcine and went to bed and woke up the next day and felt a bit better. Knowing several people who have actually had covid 19, I feel that unless you are advised, not to, by medical professionals, everyone should have it. My 2nd jab is next week, same day as my long awaited hair cut.

Page12
Page12 in reply to lisburb

Thank you for your response

I've had the Astra Zeneca. No effects whatsoever. Didn't even feel the needle. Couldn't see where it went in

I also don’t have any side effects. But I am worried that it’s may be vaccine is not working for me ????!

Page12
Page12 in reply to Southcoast132

Thank you for your response.

Yes no issues, the reported issues are less than the general population

Page12
Page12 in reply to Sim22

Thanks.

Both in our sixties. Both had the Astra vaccine. Felt a bit crap the next day. Arm hurt. Benefits outweigh the miniscule risk.

Page12
Page12 in reply to mgsapete

Thanks

My husband had it and was very ill. The second time in 40 years that I have known him go back to bed in the afternoon. After three weeks he contacted the Dr. Immediate blood tests same day. Dr appointment 3 days later. Prescribed 2 whole boxes paracetamol 8 weeks later and he still feels some effect

I had my vaccine at a different date. No sore arm. Felt a bit off colour next day but nothing. Over the next two weeks felt very tired , headaches, very sore joints. Sore lower spine. After about two weeks felt better. Still gettingodd symptoms. Woke this morning with a ‘hangover type headache.

Page12
Page12 in reply to M-o-ggy

Kimberly07
Kimberly07 in reply to M-o-ggy

I’m the same had Pfizer’s jab 28th Feb and still not feeling good some days worse than others. I have become very breathless was used to walking over 10,000 steps day now lucky to walk 500 always tired, aching muscles, temperature, I was feeling fine before the jab some days can’t do anything other than stay in bed. It has all been reported to my doc and I’m dreading second one and considering not having it. It seems it’s pot luck to who it effects. My mother of 86 has had both jabs with no effects.

Hi Page12,

I had the AstraZeneca vaccine 4 weeks ago and I'm all good. I didn't have any side effects either other than a bit of a sore arm and maybe more tired than usual.

In my mind there's nothing to worry about. X

Page12
Page12 in reply to Klau80

The stories of blood clotting mainly originate from countries with political agendas. The number of people who actually experienced blood clotting was around the same as that which would occur naturally according to official medical reports. Ofcouse those who are against the vaccine will also lick up on the story.There is risk with any medical treatment but compared to most treatments it looks like any covid jab has minimal side effects .

I would personally have either of the covid jabs offered .

Page12
Page12 in reply to PeterpPiper

Just had my second vaccine and feel fine no side effects. I had slight side effects from the first vaccine, headache and slight fever, but it is well worth having the vaccine.

Page12
Page12 in reply to Superego

Thanks.

Isn’t it better to look at the official government and NHS advice . All you achieve by asking on sites like this is peoples opinion and regurgitated info. Not all of it accurate

Prada47
Prada47 in reply to kalgs

Hi

asking for an opinion or information is not the same as following one !!

This is a peer Q & A site

Vaccinated Hands Face Space to Stay Safe

kalgs
kalgs in reply to Prada47

Absolutely. I think that in most situations that’s correct.

Prada47
Prada47 in reply to kalgs

Thanks

kalgs in AF Association18 days ago

Many thanks to all of you that have responded to my anticoagulant post. I’ve decided to go on anticoagulants as a result of you feedback.

Did you use the NHS advice or the Government NICE site !!!! oh No you used others opinions LOL

kalgs
kalgs in reply to Prada47

Good point. It’s the is information about the vaccine. Different to many other topics

Page12
Page12 in reply to kalgs

Thank you. But all those who have had the vaccine are talking about it with experience.

My wife and I had first one a few weeks ago. She was fine, I felt a bit tired for few days. I had blood test this week and have antibodies against covid now

Page12
Page12 in reply to Johncr1

Thank you.

HiI had the AstraZeneca a week ago. Before I had it I took a small dose of Paracetamol. I took another 6 hours later then another 9 hours later and finally another small dose 7 hours after. I had absolutely no side effects ( just a sore arm ). (Obviously check with your doctor as I don't know if Paracetamol is ok for you to take. )

30 sad deaths out of 18 million doses is rare indeed. Covid deaths would be higher.

Take care x

Page12
Page12 in reply to Lilypocket

Thank you and good idea about the parcitomal.

Hi I had a transplant last July and I am on an awful lot of meds, I had that vaccine on the 10th of February and I had no side effects at all, I felt absolutely fine, I am hoping to get my second vaccine shortly char

Page12
Page12 in reply to Thanksnhs

That's good news thank you.

I had it and felt a bit fluey for about 48 hours. Having had a DVT was a bit concerned, but on thinners, so went ahead. My niece is in the medical field and assesses drugs, she said that the vaccine causes an immune response, as we all know and it depends on your own body as to how bad the reaction will be, she said its based on a flu type jab, which has been around for years, so is sceptical of all these problems, in her opinion, it's just coincidence, but we all have to make up our own minds. Having looked after my husband, who was hospitalised with covid and got pheumonia, I would rather take the jab.

Page12
Page12 in reply to Lifeisfun

Thank you.

Had it 1st Feb no problems

Page12
Page12 in reply to Mentdent

Thanks

I had Astra Zeneca on 30 January. Due 2nd in two weeks. Felt very tired in the evening, no sore arm & felt fine next day. Take care.

Page12
Page12 in reply to Tinalef

Thanks

My husband has heart failure and type two diabetes, I have had open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve and a double bypass. We are both 79. We have had both our Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccinations and we have been absolutely fine.

Page12
Page12 in reply to JayceeW

Thank you for your response

Hi, I had the Oxford vaccine two months ago and have the booster later today. Having recently been kitted out with a mechanical heart valve anything that suggests blood clots can be a worry. However, the only side effects I had were that I couldn't stop quoting Chaucer and I had an overwhelming desire to join the local rowing club.

@

Page12
Page12 in reply to Tickertalker

Hehehe thanks

Last I heard reported - 30 people with blood clots being investigated due to proximity to vaccine and 1.8 million vaccines given. No causal relationship established. In otherwords a tiny and unproven risk. The risks from the virus itself are huge by comparison so dont let this be off putting . The media doesnt report of millions who are fine because that's not news.For me, a day of headache and feeling a bit fluey, which returned a couple of times during the week after the vaccine. Most people I know in their late 40s/ early 50s had a similar reaction. The older generation I know didnt get any side effects at all.

Page12
Page12 in reply to Hypatia123

Thanks

Due to have my second AZ jab today, was a bit fluey after the first one but no qualms on having it. I have DCM and aFib and on AntiCoAgs.

Page12
Page12 in reply to Silvasava

Thanks

Hi I put up an exact same post ! You should read all the comments ! I was really scared but I had mine last week I had few side effects but nothing major apparently it’s actually a good sign your body is ressponding to it, I had fever and chills for about 24 hours

Page12
Page12 in reply to Tabbyjune

Thanks

Personally my thought is the statistical analysis so far doesn't point to a link between the vaccine and blood clots.

I had a heart attack two weeks before my vaccine shot, I'm sure had it been the other way around I would be telling people "I'm convinced the vaccine caused my heart attack not my penchant for something savoury from Greggs".

I'm now on anti-clogging meds anyway like a lot of people on this forum.

Page12
Page12 in reply to Chalamet

Thanks

AZ first jab six weeks ago. All ok other than an aching arm the day after. Given the amount of blood thinners I'm on post HA, I and others are probably least at risk of a blood clot. In my opinion, they have yet to prove a link between AZ and thrombosis deaths. Was there something underlying that was going to happen regardless? A bit like my HA - I was oblivious until it happened on 12 July 2020. If I'd had the vaccination two weeks earlier, it could have been a convenient theory that the vaccs caused it.

Page12
Page12 in reply to Heartbear

Thanks

Hi

I had the injection and have a heart and blood condition. My arm was kind of out of action for few days, but I have a physical job ( I didn't shield) I only felt I'll from the second day for a day.

My family had the same flu symptoms and arm hurt.

You should be fine. I'm still waiting on my second one. Just like my husband and family.

Blood clotting has not been found to have anything to do with the injection. Many tests and research have been done on this. I have known that it's alot to do with scaring people to not have it done.

It's safe, not many my age with my conditions have had it and I'm good to go( I'm younger than 40).

Hope this helps, take care

Page12
Page12 in reply to Essexp

Thanks

I can't help feeling that the scares around the AstraZeneca vaccine are far more politically driven than medical

Page12
Page12 in reply to Bimclsh

Could be. Thanks

18 deaths attributed to blood clots in 30 million vaccinations is a very very small percentage. Before my bypass operation I was told there was a 1% risk of me dying on the operating table. I didn't hesitate to have the operation. I didn't hesitate having the AZ vaccine either despite the fact that my heart attack was caused by a blood clot and I remain at risk of having clots on account of having a high homocysteine level which is inherited.

Page12
Page12 in reply to GWP1952

Thanks

Hi I would speak to your doctor if you're worried as he knows you and your history.

Page12
Page12 in reply to Lancslass66

Thanks

Hey! I was really poorly with this jab. I felt the same as I did when I had Covid. Awful muscle aches, headache, nausea, exhausted. For about 2 hours I had my head in the loo throwing up and had chest pains. Was not fun. But I only felt poorly for about 36 hours. My advice would be to book a couple days off work after your jab just incase xxx

Page12
Page12 in reply to Dee2581

Thanks

Hi. It effects everyone different. Wife had it and only had sore arm, while I had it and was that bad was out of action for over a week. There is a lot of problems been reported with a survey of people who had it.

Page12
Page12 in reply to BARTLETT1965

Thanks

At the end of December I was admitted to a Covid ward (long story, I’m still cross about it). While there a woman was readmitted having developed a DVT high up in her leg as a direct result of having the virus. She was very frightened and quite poorly.

The AZ vaccine carries a very low incidence of blood clots. Mostly it seems to affect young women. I had the AZ vaccine mid February with no side effects whatsoever and am due the second at the beginning of May and will have no hesitation in taking it.

It has to be your own decision. If you would prefer the Phizer jab I believe you have to go through your GP. Take care but please get vaccinated.

Page12
Page12 in reply to spinningjenny

Thank you.

Hi, I was lucky enough to have the Pfizer jab at the end of January as I work for the NHS. My hubby had the Astrazenica in February and he is undergoing cancer treatment. We have both been fine with no I'll effects at all and the extra confidence this had given us and the feeling of extra protection is worth any achy arm you may feel after. Having our 2nd doses soon, mine this Thursday. My Mum is in a care home so if nothing else it means I will be able to hug her soon too.😸Have the vaccine, keep safe, keep well.

I had the Astra Zeneca vaccine several weeks ago and I'm due to have the second one early in May.I did have a few side effects in that I felt a bit of a temperature and rough for a few hours. However, would I prefer to get Covid ...no. I honestly think the benefits far outweigh the risks and Europe have reaped the consequences of not recommending this vaccine for most of its population. Even Macron - the French president -who slagged off this vaccine has said he would welcome it for himself now.

Procrastination is the thief of time and also the bringer of deaths by Covid for those who listen to the twittering - but ultimately you have to decide.

I had flu-like symptoms after my first Astra Zeneca jab but as others have said, these were short-lived (about 36 hours in my case) and then all fine. I was anticipating some kind of reactions as these mild reactions are very frequent and actually are a sign that one's immune system is working so good news really! I'm due the second dose in about 3 weeks. From what I've heard there seem to be slightly more chance of a reaction to the AZ vaccine that Pfizer following the initial dose but not a greater to Pfizer for the second dose. Swings and roundabouts really and I agree with others that we are just lucky to have the opportunity of these vaccines.

I can understand people getting worried seeing the press being all over it. But if you are worried about the odds, don’t get in a car, on a bike or walk down a road. Looking at the odds, these are much more risky....

My wife had her AZ on Friday. Arm was a bit tender and she felt like she had a cold coming on for about 18 hours. She then got better rapidly and by Sunday morning she was fine and spent all day out in the garden with me.

I had a slight headache for a few hours only. Followed by chills and shaking 14 hours after receiving the jab, which only lasted an hour and a half. I took a hot water bottle to bed and slept like a baby! Then on Day 3 my arm felt very sore but this only lasted 24 hours.

I would gladly put up with these minor side effects without a second thought, as opposed to not having a jab at all.

I had mine in February with hubby, he was fine, I felt rough for the 24 hrs but ok since, we have our second coming up on Thursday and it seems that the second doesn’t give you the same effect. I have been frantically looking for an article that I have read recently saying that the majority of the people that had blood clots were leading a sedentary lifestyle but more data was needed. When you think about it that sounds logical.

I've had the first one. No side effects. I promised myself if my feet end up like hooves or my toes webbed, then I won't be taking the 2nd ... It's better to take it if you are at risk...

Experts said that they don't have information about whether it's safe to mix them, but they are researching it. Dr. Bill Smith CEO of American Medical Response said that mixing different types of vaccines is still not recommended.

The reported risk of dying from covid is 1 in 500;the reported risk of a clot from the vaccine is 1 in 2 million. Sounds like a no brainer. There have been just about 30 cases of clots in the millions who have been vaccinated.

The astra zeneca jab is non profit. What about the others and what interest would they have in spreading gossip? If any of this were true wouldn't we have seen more factual information from anywhere?

Had my first one about 6 weeks ago. The next day I felt tired, the day after normal. 7 people out of the 18 million that have had it in the UK died. You have a better chance of winning the lottery I expect.

Just think of all the poor people who never had a chance for a vaccine and never made it through the pandemic that’s why I look at life at the moment good luck anyway👍😷

Hi I had the Oxford jab end of feb I felt ok then a few hours later felt cold and sickly so went to bed I was fine the next day I know others who have had this and they have been fine it’s a worry but I would not want COVID as I have family members who sadly died from this awful virus

No side effects - only smugness. Dont believe EU spoiling

Thanks to everyone for your. Input it was most appreciated and encouraging so today I went and had my Oxford jab, as its only been couple of hours let's see what happens. Thanks everyone. 😊

I had it a month ago no side effects whatsoever not even a sore arm. My partners arm felt a bit heavy but fine the next day. Looking forward to getting my 2nd one done then will have 100% cover

AZ four weeks ago. The following day felt like flu crossed with a lousy hangover. I did suffer one strange reaction that I reported to the NHS Yellow Card system. Just under 1 hour from having the jab my Garmin alerted me to an irregular heartbeat issue. My normal resting pulse is 52-54, suddenly I’d dropped to 42 bpm. Made the most of caffeine that day to up it to 48-50.... the following day everything was back to normal

CDPO16
CDPO16 in reply to bertrumbrown

Isn't it strange how the vaccine affects people differently. 12 hours after my first AZ vaccine my pulse rate went up to 135 along with a temperature of 38.5c and shakes and shivers. My pulse is normally 80 - 100 as I have very severe lung disease but that was a bit disconcerting. No repeat of all that after my second dose.

There are side effects on every medication. As everyone knows who are taking medication on this site. I have had my inoculation and suffered with feeling sick, tired out, and arm ache.

Hi I have had both AZ vacvines the second on Tuesday...i have cery few symptoms this time at all tbh. Little bit if sore arm centred around injection site...to be expected.

Felt bit tored head achey in afternoon tues for couple hrs had paracetomel and slept.

Weds bit off feeling for couple hrs but managed to make home made soup.lol . .i mean from scratch ....but tired again later. Thats it. Fine today!

Fiest time similar to above felt bit flu like for few hrs first abd second day ...only lasts like 2 hrs max. Third day bit dodgy tum...but that nay be due to being like most wee bit anxious.

But...i am pretty angry about how theu have handled the blood clotting claims etc. I paricularly find crossed issues of european countries suspending use in older people...they are right to be "cautuous" and fact suddenly here ptofesser Van Tam on tv without rwal prior warning (emhe is one person I trusted and respected" telling us they are niw looking again at risk factors regarding this vaccine and decided to not give to under 30 you could be offered others?? That is fine but what abiut someobe at risk aged 26 say with heart failure who had first dose ?

It's easy get the jab and do not worry. Or no jab and get Covid and get plenty of clots . Had my first AZ and looking forward to my second jab .

You may also like...