Covid Injection : Postie as just been... - British Heart Fou...

British Heart Foundation

24,652 members16,442 posts

Covid Injection

Postie as just been, we have received our appointments for the vaccine, John 2 weeks today and me 2 weeks Friday.

So here in Scotland they are now doing 70-79.

Hope everyone gets their appointments soon.

Pauline

56 Replies

Brilliant news, was it the blue envelope 😅I am not expecting mine till the middle to the end of next month, just being patient, I hope all is well with you both at the moment, take care char x

080311 in reply to Thanksnhs

Afternoon char No envelope white with NHS on the front! Thought ours would be a few more weeks. Hope you get yours soon, letter says we will get another letter with the date of our second dose.

Hope you’re doing ok, have they managed to reduce your steroids yet?

Take good care Pauline

Thanksnhs
Thanksnhs in reply to 080311

Hi I can't remember if I said after the last time at clinic, I was taking 10 m per day of steroids they reduced it 5 m every alternative day and they will see how that goes, they were hoping to reduce one of the immusupprestants when they checked my bloods but they must have decided against it as I never heard from them, next appointment the 5th of Feb mabe they will then x

That’s really good news, it might be small steps but each and every one is getting you to where you need to be. It’s just started snowing in EK again, hope your staying safe from the slippery roads! Took the bins out this morning it looked ok but it wasn’t 😩 my neighbour will be cross as he said he would move them while the weather is so bad.😉 to independent for my own good.

Qualipop
Qualipop in reply to 080311

Husband took dog for a walk on the moors ( E Lanc's) and had to turn back; snow was horizontal but nothing here in the valley and I put off getting a new tyre fitted because he said it was going to snow hard.

080311 in reply to Qualipop

Stay safe, where we are in Central Scotland we are quite high up so tend to get quite a bit of snow, looks pretty but not when it freezes.Hope you get your tyre sorted.

Qualipop

What snow we had has now melted and rain due tomorrow so will get tyre done then. MOT due soon and that's all that flagged up on the service.

Thanksnhs

I think that's the trouble with us hearties we still want to do everything ourselves when people genuinely want to help, especially in this weather, I noticed my bulbs are coming up spring must be on its way, it will be lovely to have a bit of colour in the garden, and the long dreary winter coming to the end x

Morning char,

Think we are all guilty of not asking for help. We are really lucky and have the best neighbours you could ask for, but always thinking I can do this!

Can’t see if any bulbs coming up everything had another covering of snow when I got up this morning! Must say nights are getting shorter, so spring is on it’s way, in the kitchen yesterday and 2 blue tits were in and out of the bird box just outside the door, looking at their new home I am thinking 😉

Thanksnhs

Lovely I have a pair of black birds and my little rockin Robin, unfortunately last year I had a pair of magpies nesting in my garden, I would like to hope that they will find another home this year but they might just return to the same place, I wish I knew how to put them off, they are such bullies, we just have heavy rain at the moment and it's freezing brr, roll on spring and warmer days xx

We had a really good friend, he was just besotted with robins, his daughter was pregnant when he died and she called her daughter she had Robyn in memory of her Dad, We have a lot of Magpies, there is quite a big fir tree up the road and theses bullies fly in and chase all the other birds out! Nasty birds.

Thanksnhs

Awe that was a lovely thing to do, I love wee rockin I think it's dad coming to visit, I hate the noisy magpies, I read they hate owls so I bought one and attached it to the tree, they sat on it 🤔😂ah well I tried x

Excellent news. Here in The Wirral they're also just starting to invite the over 70s group. I'm in the over 65 group so hopefully shouldn't be too long now.

I was listening to our First Minister ( Nicola Sturgeon) yesterday lunch time at her briefing and she said appointments were being sent out this week for the 70-79 age group and low and behold it came this morning .Hope you get your appointment very soon, seeing you say you are on the Wirral had me going back born in Cheshire and my first job as a 16 year old was in Liverpool, it was the 60s what a time to be young 😂

I've worked with a number of ladies who frequented The Cavern in their lunchtime in the 60s. Some of their pictures where really evocative of the times. I only moved here in the early 80s so can only listen to stories of that time, but on the plus side I have been able to experience the renaissance of Liverpool to what it is now

Yep, I was one of those in my lunch hour in the Cavern! Mum thought I ate my lunch at my desk in the office 😂

080311 in reply to 080311

Haven’t been to Liverpool in over 20 years, my husband was in the merchant navy and his medical was done down by the Liver Building, I can imagine things have really changed, they were certainly changing back then.

Qualipop

I was at College in Ormskirk so went to the Cavern

almost every weekend

Oh, those were the days, loved everything music and fashion.

Qualipop

Never liked the Stones or the Beatles but loved the rest, Holies, Gerry Marsden, even Freddie and PJ Proby- remember the hands?

Oh yes PJ Proby remember the out cry over him splitting his trousers 😂 did love the Beatles and the Holies. Must admit had a thing about Scott Walker from the Walker Brothers. Such a good looking young man, couldn’t believe he died last year.

gladliz
gladliz in reply to 080311

A friend of mine saw the Walker Bros at I think The Tivoli in Buckley. She touched the leg of his jeans. Wasn't the same after that!😊😊

080311 in reply to gladliz

Woo! That would have really made my day😂 I saw them at the Empire in Liverpool, oh my what a voice, he (Scott) could turn many a girls head!

Handel
Handel in reply to 080311

😂😂! Glad you've had your first jab. We're still waiting for ours - hopefully soon xxx

080311 in reply to Handel

Haven’t had the jab yet, Scotland as started its 70-79 age group this week, we had a letter yesterday John on the 9th me the 12th.Hope you both get your really soon. Xx

Handel

Sorry! Just re-read your post! 😊 xx

080311 in reply to Handel

Oh that’s ok, I always need my first cuppa to focus my eyes 😂

Handel

😂 Me too!! xx

I’m waiting for my vaccination in the next couple of weeks, Russell,as I’m 71, probably at Woodchurch Leisure but you never know. We got a phone call on a Saturday night 2 weeks ago asking my husband to go to the Miriam Medical Centre in Birkenhead on the following Monday ( he’s 81). Apparently West Wirral had got a bit behind & as the Miriam had finished their over 80s they were asked to help West Wirral catch up. It seemed like organised chaos when we got there but they were very efficient. There were quite a few other people from Upton & Greasby at the same time.Jean

Hi Jean. A friend of mine who lives in Prenton is 70 and is off to St Caths to get his first jab on Saturday. I'm 66 so expect to wait for a while, but it all seems to be proceeding at a pace. Russell

It does doesn’t it. Don’t think it will be too long for me. I don’t mind where I go as long as it’s done. There’s a Facebook page called Healthier West Wirral gives a bit more information about it all. That’s where I read they were starting the over 70s this week for the GP surgery’s in the group including Upton & Greasby. It might be worth a look for you. Jean

Cheers, I'll have a look at that. Russell

All my husband’s family have had both theirs. They’re all over 80. My husband (77) goes for his first tomorrow. I’m 70 in a couple of weeks so I’ll be patient.

Husband is 75- had his last week but would have still been waiting if he hadn't rushed down for a left over shot at the clinic. No word on mine yet. I'm 72

I’m 62 but in the high risk category courtesy of a splenectomy, I haven’t had my invite yet but no doubt it will be along soon.

Oh that's good news Pauline x

Great news Pauline. Very pleased for you both.

Great news Pauline 🙂, hopefully first step to freedom again, take care both of you xxx

My dad (86) get his first dose today - letter hasn’t arrived yet but thanks to Facebook I rang the surgery. Good job I did - his appointment is at 12 and the postie comes at 3! In our area the Doctors surgeries are doing the over 80s and they are setting up regional centres for everyone else.

Just had our invites via text from our gp surgery. Bring it on!

Hiya I had my injection yesterday as i am a frontline worker on the ambulances, i had the Bio N Tech one.

Good luck to you with yours and for everyone waiting for theirs x

So great to read you have had yours, can I thank you for all the very necessary work you have been doing. There are so many people like you who the rest of us owe a big debt of gratitude.Stay safe.

Pauline

I love my job, it came as a very big shock when i became a patient and my own colleagues came to my aid several times, it’s very hard when you get to a patient and it’s either family, friends or colleagues. I’m looking forward to returning to work soon xx

That’s great news, ever upwards, take good care when you get back to work.

Pauline

I am 75, Just had mine in the local surgery. in Beddau , South Wales Very straight forward , 3 questions, Astra Zeneca jab in the arm and out. About 12 weeks to the next one. Now enjoying a mug of coffee and a hot cross bun. Very disappointed there were no antivaxxers present, but you can't have everything.

080311 in reply to Ianc2

That’s great news, enjoy your coffee and hot cross bun. Really can’t understand the antivaxxers.

I had mine last Sunday. Here in my part of the world, they are sending the invitations out via test message from the GP surgery. Fingers crossed that everyone gets to have it done very soon. x

Can I just say, I am absolutely confused whether to have the jab or not. I have had a text from my GPs to book the appointment, but really not sure. They have said that if I change my mind I can just book it with the receptionist at my GPs. Really am so unsure about it. Denise.

p.s. am 70 btw

080311 in reply to Petercat1

Can I ask why you are unsure? Do you have the flu vaccination? Are you allergic to certain medication?I am 73, husband 79. I had AVR and bypass done 4 years ago and my husband had a major stroke 5 weeks after my surgery. I became his carer, and my focus since March of last year is to keep him and myself safe.

So in my mind, having the vaccine will protect us both, and as a nation we have to protect each other.

Can appreciate you are nervous but your GP knows what medication your on, so apart from maybe a sore arm myself and my husband will go and put our arm out and start this journey out of this nightmare.

Hoping you keep well.

Pauline

Thanks Pauline. This year was the first flu jab I had - never usually have it but the nurse doing my blood test co-ersed me into having it.My own fault I suppose, have read about deaths in Norway after having the jab and an investigation being launched to see if the jab was to blame!

Plus my Son has said he isn't having it - he's 28.

I really don't know. Part of me thinks I should, but we don't know about any long term effects, and as I said it's taken me this long just to have the flu jab!!

Nervous I suppose.

Denise

080311 in reply to Petercat1

The thing is we do know what the effects of Covid are, so if we all thought not to have the vaccine we would be in this nightmare indefinitely. Really surprised that a young man of 28 isn’t going to have it. I was reading about a young woman teacher who was 24 and had no underlining health issues died yesterday. So it’s young and old that are being taken, and if you do survive then some are being left with long Covid and on going heart and lung problems. This has to be a personal decision and I hope you and your family do what is right for you.

Pauline

Thank you Pauline. I have a lot of thinking to do I think. My sister who is 73, is having hers on Friday, and I must admit I had to have oxygen on and off after my open heart op, so I am worried about that side of it. My son is adamant, but has left my decision entirely up to me.

Thinking cap on!!

Thank you

Denise

Our area was well organised, had already done all over 80s and most over 75 then the Government decided we should be punished for brilliant organisation and should receive no more vaccine until the rest of the country has caught up despite this area having the highest death rate of the entire country. All appointments cancelled for next week as there will be no delivery of vaccine. What about those who are due their second dose and the over 70s who now have to wait while they watch carers and teachers and anyone who happens to wander in off the street, get theirs. And yes before anyone rants i do believe carers should have been among the first. but why must we now have to wait while other areas get their act together?

My 74 year old wife went on NHS website and put in her NHS number on Tues and got an appointment for Friday and 2nd appointment in April. She hasn’t had letter, phone call or text. I had my first jab 3 weeks ago and I am only a year older. My 70 year old brother in law with heart problem has not got an appointment yet but his twin brother with no health problems has his first jab on Friday. It is like a postcode lottery.

I wasn't expecting to get an appointment until next month. Unfortunately I sadly tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday, less than 24 hours after surgery for cancer. Talk about bad luck, so much for shielding since the end of November. Stay safe folk x

080311 in reply to Justsharon

So sorry to read your post, hope you recover quickly and your symptoms are mild.

Pauline

You may also like...