British Heart Foundation
10,375 members6,295 posts

Bk in Stentsville,

Just sat in the cardiac day ward bit, Cannula in arm and wearing these stupid mesh pants, even thou I’ve told the nurse that me DR’s said he’ll go through me wrist. So I’m sat here with me arse hanging out me gown... fun times..

And as us blokes do, we’ve already had the standard cross bed discussion on ‘ who ever’s got the most stents’ wins... it’s kind of like a messed up version of ‘top trumps’.

I came last today, some bloke beat us all hands down wiv a grand total of 7. He’s now respected... we’ve all had to kiss his hand and call him Don Stentio... 😂

Now the discussion has moved on to ‘ wat statins you on’...

54 Replies
oldestnewest

Are you a "watcher?"

Do you lay there watching them place the stents on the screen? Or are you like me and not look whilst it is being done but be happy enough to look at the action replay in the cardiology clinic a few weeks later?

3 likes

Pmsl, no thinking about it, I just stare at the Consultant, for monitory purposes. For example, is he calm ? Ah it’s going well... omg is that a bead of sweat on his brow, is he panicking - why he panicked.

I might if I can watch this time thou

6 likes

I just lay there watching those lovely nurses walking around in the angio suite and keep thinking of all those benny hill films😂😃😃 That keeps me smiling while he's tugging at my wrist trying to shove the wire up! But I also really enjoy watching it all happening..Maybe I need some kind of help with my mental state😂😂Hope alls well mate? I've just hit the gym for the first time in 8weeks because of pain.

so now waiting for the obvious post workout angina pain

2 likes

My stents were done at Papworth as our local hospital did not do them at the time. Sat in clinic and watched the whole thing in 3D but would not watch. I stared at the ceiling chatting with the consultant or other team members.

Cath Labs are always cold to keep the scanning machinery from overheating.😜⚓️🍺

Ha love this post & your humour. On a more serious note I hope all goes well. X

2 likes

Thank you, hope yr other half’s ok 👌🏻

I didn't wear any pants...ooops!!!!😃😃😂😁

2 likes

😂, u know I purposely put me boxer shorts on, but oh no 🤦‍♂️ you’ve got to wear these. Then I had to walk the main corridor from the ward to the cath lab 1 with me gown gapped open at the bk. Poor lady i walked down wiv who was in the cath lab 2 walked behind giggling away, while I kept turning round asking her is me arse hanging out.

2 likes

Why are you wearing mesh pants for God's sake 😃😃😂 Sort of thing I would expect Freddie Mercury to have worn on he's gay nights out😃😃😂 Top bloke though!! so WHY are you wearing them? I'm kinda envious now because I wasn't offered them😣😣

I want a pair!!! It's not fair😂😂😂😂

Hav another angio then u can get a pair. Flipping angio came bk normal surprise surprise I giv up bud. I’m just gonna suck it up now.

1 like

I've had two now! that's enough thanks😁 It was always going to come back fine because they can't see MVA with an angiogram. You know that mate.

1 like

Yea I know, I’m done wiv it now mate. Just gonna literally hibernate like a tortoise in the winter time.

Ditto

Mind you I'm down south and only 25mins from Brighton and weather is going to be a scorcher this weekend. So I'm going to soak it up and hopefully have less chest pain..

so what's the next course of action for you now?

I’m Just enjoy the summer mate, and emigrate Mid October 😂

1 like

same here.Think I will buy a motorhome and bugger off to Italy during the summer

I had an Angiogram at Sheffield Northen General hospital. My main arteries were fine but there were small cholesterol spots in the tiny vessels in or on my heart.

NO PANTS!!! Well that's certainly put me off me hot cross buns!!!

Other half doing OK, got blood results issues so has got to have them done again tomorrow & then again in May. Rang his nurse for advice & she dumped him!! Said that as he's fairly well there isn't any need for her to come round any more. One of the results was above range potassium which has always panicked the GP & previous nurse, even cardiologist gets concerned. Nurse just said your potassium is always high, which it is but it is usually within range!! May do my own post for a rant later!!

1 like

Oh gunsmoke123, what a funny post, I'm glad there's still some of us with a good sense of humour, I couldn't look at my stents being done, I think your net pants are there, in case they cant go through the wrist, I think ??? Keep smiling and good luck to you and all your fellow bed mates, I can just imagine it.

bowler x

2 likes

Thanks Bowler, i think laughters the best medicine

The picture in my head of you in net pants kissing The Don’s ring is priceless! Thankyou for sharing. Hope it all goes ok. Take care and big hugs. Zena x

2 likes

Lol, wat u like 😂

🤪

1 like

🤪

The Guinness Book of Records out the record at 34. However, comments I saw suggest it is actually 56 or 57!

These people are probably the Stent Godfathers, or Dons. Your man would come in around Caporegime and you as his soldiers.

1 like

Lol, can’t believe I kiss his ring for a measly 7 stents. I’m just lie next time and say I’ve got double figures.

1 like

Does a stent within a stent count as one or two as the same area is being treated?

1 like

Oooo, good call. Yea, suppose it would count as 2 even though geographically it’s debatable. I reckon to squeeze in 57 u looking at full metal jackets x 2 per artery

1 like

Are you back home and resting now?

1 like

Yea, just got bk. Still only one stent and angina that’s refractory. A nurse at cardiac rehab gave me the most pertinent piece of advice really. The best intervention is no intervention, which at the time I thought ‘yea thanks for that’ now I realise, she meant exercise and food management is the most useful intervention.

It’s quite depressing when they say angiogram is clear and you feel like shit every day. Then you get the letter in the post telling you things that wasn’t mentioned at the time. I had the pants as well and they ripped them off in the Cath lab so after I had to walk to the toilet with the gown gaping and my pants falling around my ankles. Not a pretty sight. Hope you get sorted soon x

1 like

Oh god yea, the famed letter, that I’m sure is copied and pasted, makes yer feel dead valued as a patient.

I got told yesterday because everything is crystal clear and the stent is working perfectly, that I must have ‘Post stenting syndrome’ something to do were the cardiovascular system won’t accept the stent.

Wot a load of horsepoo...

Well mine had better accept it soon, it’s getting boring now! My GP said it’s probably artery spasms . Yes it is horse poo. Makes you think this is it. It’s not going to be any better than this then suddenly you have gone a week feeling quite normal. Hopefully you will too

Very, very funny!

1 like

Loved the comment Gunsmoke......Can't understand why I get the healthunlocked 14/15 hours after everybody else.

1 like

Love your attitudes. Really made me laugh..i only had 1 stent so I'd of got no trophy then haha

1 like

I’ve only got 4 stents, but one is 48mm (the longest).

Does size matter?

3 likes

There's always one 😜⚓️🍺

Hope all goes well for you. Good luck. X

1 like

Great sense of humour guys!

To get off the statins eat nuts:

healthunlocked.com/bhf/post...

healthunlocked.com/bhf/post...

1 like

Glad you can see the funny side of it. Took me back to my angiogram a few months ago. You go down from the day ward in your own clothes and then get changed near the labs, so only a short walk where everything is hanging out. I kept my trainers on and was about to take them off in the lab when one of the nurses said no need to bother. So there I was lying on the table with my trainers sticking out the end and they are not the cleanest specimens around. Made me wonder why I bothered with the special shower stuff they gave me to kill all the bugs. Happy days!

2 likes

You are so funny..... just sat waiting for my hubby in Doncaster Hospital who is having a myo stress test to see if he needs another stent . Read your post and had to chuckle quietly😂

1 like

What a start to my day. I hope my husband doesn't ask me what I'm grinning about.🙃

2 likes

Love your humour Gunsmoke!! Good luck mate xx

1 like

Hi as I only have one stent will I have to call everybody Don

1 like

Nah, there was one bloke in there wiv none. Nobody talked to him after he told us 😂

2 likes

Your a legend, when you write these things do you actually think of us reading, I'm doubled up and laughing at work. It's ok though cos I've explained to my colleagues about your pants and yours are hanging out. Honestly your a legend.

1 like

Sorry misspelt arse.

1 like

At least you o my kissed his hand!

1 like

I didn’t really kiss his hand, that would just be totally weird on a cardiac day ward. 🤸‍♀️

Just looked out the window and thought of you - it's a full moon lol. Pleased your home and safe bud just sorry you couldn't have a clearer picture of what's going on. Take care

1 like

Lol, Cheers Bud, it was disheartening but not entirely unexpected. My bodies trying to tell me something but I can’t figure out was it is. Maybes it’s cardiac, maybes it’s psychological maybes it’s not either.

Glad yr doing well thou bud...

1 like

Only!

1 like

I've had some great chats with some lovely ladies both pre and post angio. Always quite an upbeat atmosphere when you bear in mind why you're all there!

Hope you had good news afterwards x

1 like

You may also like...