Kyleena IUD: Hi, I'm just looking for some advice... - BASHH


19,373 members2,904 posts

Kyleena IUD

1AB2C3 profile image
1 Reply


I'm just looking for some advice regarding my IUD. I had it inserted over two years ago and I've being having on going issues with painful cramps in my lower abdomen. It like a stabbing unbearable pain. There's also been occasions where I have bled after intercourse too. I'm unsure whether I should seek medical help or whether this is normal?

1 Reply
Galen70 profile image

If you are having bleeding after sex and lower abdominal pain then it is certainly justified to see a Dr. Consider approaching a sexual or reproductive health clinic as they may be easier to access than your GP currently - and can do more tests or refer you for an ultrasound ( if required )

You may also like...