Infertility : I fell pregnant last may 2019 . I didn’t... - BASHH

BASHH

15,084 members2,435 posts

Infertility

Suvs3929
Suvs3929

I fell pregnant last may 2019 . I didn’t go through with the pregnancy . I have been trying to conceive since as big regrets . But somehow nothing seems to be working. I feel hope less . Any way I could find out if I am infertile?

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Could this be stress over the fact of you worrying about the termination affecting fertility? I shouldn't think that within a couple of months you could be infertile and also terminations have no link to infertility. My self havjng had one a couple years back. I do have all sorts of emotions going through my head about this sort of stuff. Maybe speak to you gp about this. How long have you been trying to conceive?

Suvs3929
Suvs3929 in reply to L1994

I have been having unprotected sex October . I got my termination in July and got the depo injection. That ran out in October and haven’t been on any contraception since. I just feel like I won’t get the chance to be pregnant again because of my termination .

L1994
L1994 in reply to Suvs3929

Oh please don't feel that way maybe the contraceptives have messed with your hormones and still are not 100% I had my implant out yesterday but also am scared that I will have complications if I do get pregnant again due to having 2 terminations in the past so I totally understand how your feeling. I do think that we think too much in tk things and look at how many people have gone on to have children after terminations. X

Suvs3929

I had the implant for about 3 years and fell pregnant 1 year after after that. I suppose everyone is different. I just hate not knowing .... my worst nightmare not being able to have children so I suppose that’s where the guilt comes from :( x

L1994
L1994 in reply to Suvs3929

Yes I do think it is our guilt but you don't need to feel guilty about anything. I think it is uncertainty that we find so hard the not knowing and what ifs. I do think that hormones will play a big part in you not yet conceiving tho. I have been through an awful lot with my cervix the past year and also think Wether this is my own back for the termination and all sorts of things cross my mind x

Suvs3929

is their anyway nhs would check fertility? Am in the uk so not sure due to carona. Or if I will need to go private . I just need reassurance x

M6413
M6413 in reply to Suvs3929

It'll be the Depo injection that is affecting your chances. It can take up to 2 years to get out of your system whether you had one injection or ten. Unfortunately they don't tell you this when you get it or I never ever would have got Depo. That stuff is evil. My last Injection was Feb 2019 - I came off because it was the cause of my depression and was having suicidal thoughts - another thing they don't tell you and I have never ever in my life experienced anything like that before I had that injection, doctor confirmed it was that. Ran out in May 2019 and stopped all contraception to get these artificial hormones out my body, felt me again. We started trying for a baby Sept 2019, so a year ago and absolutely nothing. Been told because I was on Depo they won't see me until its been 2 years of trying and its fully out of my system. Well, its been 16 months on nothing and having regular sex, tracking my cycle etc. Nothing. It's worth mentioning that my cycle became regular probably after about 6 months.

Try not to stress about it, easier said than done but stress does weird and wonderful things to our bodies. I had months where I was obsessing about it and thought this will be the month then when it didn't happen I'd be heartbroken. But you can't live like that, its torture! I've heard lots of stories from friends and family who "gave up" then immediately feel pregnant! Or my cousin who tried for five years, then changed jobs which meant no early starts so more sleep - fell pregnant within two months! So get lots of sleep, eat well and take folic acid every day and most importantly have fun practicing! It'll happen because its happened before :) take care x

you need to be having regular unprotected sex with the same partner for one year and not conceiving before you can be referred for fertility assessment on the NHS .

You may also like...