Chlamydia: I finished my treatment for Chlamydia and... - BASHH

BASHH
14,755 members2,389 posts

Chlamydia

Suvs3929
Suvs3929

I finished my treatment for Chlamydia and my period is now 3 days late . The day my period was due I had white creamy discharge . Help!!

11 Replies
oldestnewest

OK - so did you have a pregnancy risk prior to the chlamydia treatment ? Secondly as has been posted before, if you have antibiotic treatment, in some women it is possible they then could develop candida ( thrush ). Treatments for this are available over the counter.

Suvs3929
Suvs3929 in reply to Galen70

hi yeh I got given the 3 antibiotics incase I was pregnant then a week later I slept with my partner who wasnt treated yet so I ended up getting a 7 day course .

Galen70
Galen70 in reply to Suvs3929

Hmm that doesnt really make sense. If you had a pregnancy risk, then had sex with an untreated partner, you needed re-treatment, but the same antibiotics would be given because of the previous pregnancy risk.

Suvs3929

the doctor wouldn’t give me doxycycline as I didn’t know if I was pregnant or not So I got azithromycin.Then once I took my treatment I got my period . Then went back with my partner who wasn’t treated so their for I would have got the infection back. I phoned up and because I had had a period I got given doxycycline .

Galen70

Ah thats fine. So if you had a bleed in between, it meant you werent pregnant. So have you had more unprotected sex since then ?

Suvs3929

I got my period on the 8th of June . Then toon my azithromycin . Had unprotected sex on the 28th 29th and 30th. It was the 30th I had creamy shite discharge on my pants . I track my period on my phone and it says am 3 days late

Galen70

If you had your period 8th June, then ovulation would have been approx between 22-24th June. This means the unprotected sex was late in your cycle and lower risk ( however not zero ) . Its still a bit early to do a pregnancy test, you should consider doing in 2-3 weeks if it doesn't arrive. Have you thought about your ongoing contraception ?

Suvs3929

I’ve had the pill dosent agree with me and I had the rod but I had 6 month of bleeding with that and I used the patch but it wasn’t accurate , I fell pregnant on the patch this time last year

Galen70

Injection ( depo ) or coil ? ( IUD,IUS ). or the vaginal ring ?

Suvs3929

will I not need to take a pregnancy test before getting contraception?

Galen70

you could do, but it is also possible to quickstart contraception and do a pregnancy test later on. What you dont want is for a person to fall pregnant while waiting for the "all clear " from a previous event.

You may also like...