started the combined pill but I think there is a cha... - BASHH

BASHH

16,381 members2,592 posts

started the combined pill but I think there is a chance I could be pregnant

Yellowleaf22
Yellowleaf22

I went on the combined pull on the 20th of jan and a couple of days after I had unprotected sex I took emergency contraceptive and I’m worried it hasn’t worked is there a chance I’m pregnant? I then had unprotected sex a few days after but I thought it was past the time I should wait but it wasn’t I’m so stressed I shouldn’t have been so dumb!

9 Replies

If you did not wait seven days, and started the pill any later than day 5 of your cycle , Im afraid yes there is a risk. Continue taking the pill , but you will need to do a pregnancy test 3 weeks after the risk to ensure you are not pregnant as being on the pill can mask the signs of pregnancy.

Yellowleaf22
Yellowleaf22 in reply to Galen70

Thank you , I was told to wait two days but the pharmacist got mixed up! I just can’t believe I was so stupid! Another thing to add to the stress thank you though :)

Galen70
Galen70 in reply to Yellowleaf22

If you took emergency contraception that should significantly reduce the risk - I am presuming it was levonogestrel ? ( Levonelle ) not Ullipristal ( ella - one ) ?

Yellowleaf22

Yeah it was I’m experiencing extremely sore and swollen boobs these few days could it be due to the combined pill?? I’ve also been off my food just a wee bit but sometimes I get like this before my period so I’m not too sure what’s going on 😫 I’ve also been bloated lol

Galen70

Yes those symptoms can be due to progestogens in the pill. Is it new for you ?

Yellowleaf22

The combined is new I’ve only ever been on progesterone only

Galen70

Hmm it depends on the progestogen. Different combined pills have different progestogens, its likely different to what you used to take. A pregnancy test at some point is still a good idea though.

Yellowleaf22

When should I take a test ?

Galen70

it should be three weeks after the at risk event

You may also like...