Thrush?: Hi I think I have thrush but what I’m... - BASHH

BASHH
13,173 members2,075 posts

Thrush?

Mtomo
Mtomo
8 Replies

Hi I think I have thrush but what I’m concerned about it the fact that some white rash has gone on to my vag please tell me if this is a symptom???

8 Replies
oldestnewest
Properdoc

Yes a rash is a symptom ( from a medical viewpoint ) If you mean what is the cause, there could be several. Candida ( thrush ) itself can cause a rash , why do you think you have thrush ?

Mtomo
Mtomo
in reply to Properdoc

I have all of the symptoms and I’m really uncomfortable I was just worried that seeing as nowhere else has said a rash is normal that is was something worse!

Properdoc
Properdoc
in reply to Mtomo

Ok so thrush is usually a white discharge with no odour from inside the vagina , which can cause itching or burning inside the vagina or outside. If you have a painful rash ( like individual blisters - blister meaning fluid filled bubbles ) or ulcers ( painful open cuts ) then you should go to a sexual health clinic for assessment. Trichomonas can also cause a discharge with a rash.

Mtomo
Mtomo
in reply to Properdoc

I don’t have blisters or cuts or anything like that just like a white rash?? I don’t know how to explain it other than what thrush looks like orally? I have all of the other symptoms though, thank you for helping!!

Properdoc
Properdoc
in reply to Mtomo

Oral thrush is white plaques stuck to the walls of the mouth. If you have had a new sexual contact recently, then it may be worthwhile having a sexual health in any case.

Properdoc
Properdoc
in reply to Mtomo

The treatment for candida is either a single dose tablet or a pessary ( pill ) for the vagina, either of which is as good as the other. Just buy the cheapest ( you will need a pharmacist for the pill treatment )

Mtomo
Mtomo
in reply to Properdoc

I’ve got some treatment for it now fingers crossed it goes away thank you

Properdoc
Properdoc
in reply to Mtomo

you are welcome :-)

You may also like...