New here : I’m struggling to find people who... - Autism Support

Autism Support
1,942 members394 posts

New here

unicorntears
unicorntears
3 Replies

I’m struggling to find people who respect emotions are honest and can hold a small conversation. I was given a scale that I’m autistic due to 0 or no social skills. I’m very old. Wonder how my whole life I didn’t at least make one or two decent friends. I basically have to explain I have autism where ever I go. Tried to get a cell phone plan cried had to explain,”I have autism this is difficult.” Feels like no one out there is honest and I miss my mom.

3 Replies
oldestnewest
Hidden
Hidden

Hey. Your okay, talk i wil listen.

1 like
unicorntears

I have a ford in fact I wanted to see that movie Ford vrs Ferrari. I get to the door and turned around. My first car was a ford and then I had a ford 2001 now I have a ford 2009. I’m very lucky. They sure do break down a lot about to grab some tires tomorrow

unicorntears

I think when someone is trying to be “sarcastic” or pretend it hurts because I just can’t understand why. I wish everyone would just tell the truth. Then when I’m insulted that hurts even more. I feel not like hey that person enjoys throwing insults must be that thing I actually wish they would disappear from the planet earth and gravity turned off for them.

It’s also frustrating feeling a bunch of feelings or confusion all at once. It basically sends me a short like I’ve been overloaded and like a car just have to shut down for a while. Sometimes if I could wear a t shirt that says I’m autistic or just please don’t lie to me or be sarcastic or insult me that would be great. I bet in the future maybe there will be support groups or anything where I can go where I won’t have to worry about inclusion.