Yay! (Sort of ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคž): Just wanted to say... - Asthma UK communi...

Asthma UK community forum

17,479 members โ€ข 21,911 posts

Yay! (Sort of ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคž)

EmmaF91
EmmaF91Community Ambassador
โ€ข3 Replies

Just wanted to say a big thank you for all the help Iโ€™ve had from everyone on here over the last year or so. To those not in the know Iโ€™m at uni, and the worsening of my asthma has led my 4 year course to becoming 7... refused to stop due to stubbornness! You guys have supported me through med changes, hosp appts and diagnosis, attacks, and discrimination at college and a whole lot more!

I just wanted you all to know that Iโ€™ve finally sat my LAST EXAM!!! No results yet (for 1 piece of coursework and yesterdayโ€™s marathon - have to wait a couple more weeks) but ๐Ÿคž Iโ€™ve done enough to pass (the exam lasted 4.5hrs!). This despite a severe attack, 3 days of outpatient hydrocortisone treatment at my local (refused to stay in due to the exam), and a trip to Brompton for Xolair all happening since the thunderstorms last week ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜….

To those in similar situations (GSCEs/A level/uni) Good luck and keep going - itโ€™s worth it. To those who tell you to quit (...because โ€œwe donโ€™t want to to die on-siteโ€ ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฌ) I say ๐Ÿ–•screw you! Follow your dreams and be positive that you can achieve them despite youโ€™re lungs rebelling and people trying to stop you!

๐Ÿคž now exams are over my lungs will truely start to behave as no stress and no allergies (Iโ€™ve had a big improvement since starting Xolair but multiple attacks due to illness, weather and exams/results). Bad atm from adrenaline come-down and results day may cause issues but I can actually say that I think the end is in sight!

Just wanted to spread a bit of cheer on here whilst I know a lot of people are struggling. Thank you all for your support and advice! ๐Ÿ˜˜ Xxx

3 Replies
โ€ข

Well done. So glad you have reached this milestone and over come so many hurdles along the way. Fingers crossed for results day for you and continued improvement. X

Brilliant! You're a hero, you really are. ๐Ÿ€๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ

Amazing! Iโ€™ve got one exam resit this semester due to my lungs being horrible (and my house being even more horrible) hope we both do fabulously xx

You may also like...