Asthma UK community forum
12,649 members18,353 posts

Since I have been diagnosed with adult-onset, this is my first time traveling. What do you recommend bringing along (aside from my inhalers)

Nervous about my upcoming trip and want to make sure I am as prepared as possible! Are there any thing other than inhalers that one would recommend bringing on a trip? I was planning to bring my Peak Flow Meter as well. Any advice would be appreciated!

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Take a copy of your repeat prescription slip, when we went all the medications where new and unopened in the boxes (so we could carry them on) they have to go into a clear plastic bag before you get to airport security

And the same on the way back but they weren't new then (but still in boxes with repeat prescription slip)

2 likes

I did the same as you, although my medicines were not unopened as I'd been using them.

1 like

I also took my peak flow meter and a supply of antihistamines (I take one every day anyway, but made sure I had enough to cover me with extra just incase)

1 like

I always have an emergency pack which includes antibiotics and oral cortisone. In case of severe exacerbations due to infection. But you may not need this sort of thing.

You may also like...