Normal?

Hi everyone, this is such a great resource and as I don't know any asthmatics I thought some of you may have some advice for me.

I was diagnosed about 2 years ago after my cough became worse & worse until I was coughing almost constantly. I'm currently on Flutiform, ventolin when I need it & montelucast at night.

For the most part the cough has improved a lot but I still cough if I talk a lot, or laugh especially in the evening. My lungs always feel 'itchy' I can't think of a better way to describe it. When on holiday in a warm climate all symptoms disappear only to return 2 days or so after I return home.

Is all this normal? I was hoping the 'itchy' feeling would go away.

Thank you.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome to the forum :)

Asthma can have all sorts of iterations, so in a sense, there's no 'normal'. We all get different manifestations & have different triggers.

However, I completely recognise what you are describing! I always get that itchy feeling if I laugh a lot (it probably explains why I'm a miserable bugger ;) ). Likewise talking too much (another failing of mine) causes irritation. To be honest, other than never talking or laughing, I don't really know what the answer is to it.

One option might be to try a different inhaler/regime, so maybe have a natter at your surgery & explain.

• Thank you.. I will bring it up at my next review.

• It good to get professional advice for what cooking inside for many years. Asthma, seems normal now but always enough to create problems.

You may also like...