SMART regime

Hi! I have just been put on the SMART regime, which pleases me a lot, particularly after my recent run-in with a joss stick, where SMART would have been ideal.

I know what to do. However, I am trying to find a print out that describes the regime as used in the U.K. Countries can vary on this sort of thing, and I can find several non-UK ones. (The Malta one looks ideal). Has anyone come across a U.K. one? Though I know what to do, I do also like it in print, and my husband would also like that, I know.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Info here:-

medicinesauthority.gov.mt/f...

although this was for Malta, it is exactly the same as UK version.

Here is the Southampton guidelines which I have always used:-

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j...

page 13 is for SMART regime.

• Yes, I had seen that one, and kept an eye on it, as it were, but wondered of there was a uk produced one. But, as you say, if no other, then that one it will be.

• I have added the Southampton guidelines above.

• And not for the feint hearted:

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j...

• I haven't looked at all your links yet, but will. The Southampton algorithm one I have seen before, I think. Is it not also the British Lung Foundation (or some such) one? It takes a bit more concentrated reading, but I like things like that.

My very good asthma nurse told me the other day that the step wise approach is going. Asthma is now considered a variable condition that can 'slide' up and down, so those documents with steps are likely to be replaced. Looking forward to seeing the next version.

Thank you, by the way , for giving me those links.

• When I was put on the SMART regime by my consultant, I was given a small booklet produced by AstraZeneca called Asthma and Symbicort Maintenance And Reliever Therapy (SMART) Patient Information Leaflet.

You may also like...