Alternative to Clarithromycin?

Hello everyone. I'm new here and I wish you all well. I am struggling with not being able to sleep after my doctor has prescribed me Clarithromycin as well as Predisone. It's only been two nights but now it's the weekend so I have two more nights to go. Has anyone been prescribed a different antibiotic to this med? I know Wakefulness - as they call it - is a possible side effect and I'd love a decent night's sleep.

Thanks for any information.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Some good info. here:-

evidence.nhs.uk/formulary/b...

• I recently had doxycycline instead but I think it is probably the pred keeping you awake at night rather than the antibiotics.

Hope you soon feel better.

• Hello Lilliane

Antibiotics keep me awake too but prednisone is worse..I asked the doctor for a sleeping tablet in the end everytime I had those, I tried camomile tea and homeopathic medicine etc nothing did it..

Take care x

• H Lilliane,

It's not the antibiotics, it'll be the prednisone. Those dam steroids have the same effect on me, can't sleep. So now or should I say if and when I feel I need to take steroids I also ask the doctor for a few zopiclone 7.5 mg and they do the job splendidly......zzzzzzzz :)

Steff

• Many thanks for the very helpful replies. Zopiclone here I come Steff!

All the best to you all.

• You need to take sterods as early as u can if you take after 11 its hard to sleep

You may also like...