Asthma UK community forum
12,850 members18,479 posts

Nebulisers

I have varoius problems asthma bronchiectasis and from mining industry related pneumoconiosis and have had pneumonia

In winter if i get a cold or virus im in big trouble any tips to help me please are nebulisers good

18 Replies
oldestnewest

I wouldn't be without my nebulisers, they're superb in helping me.

1 like

What do you put in it please i am just using salt water cheers

I use Atrovent, Bricanyl, Budesonide nebules which my GP prescribed for me.

1 like

I see your up in the night do you have sleeping issues as well i do thankyou

Cheers thankyou do you use it daily even when feeling ok

I'm currently suffering with pneumonia which is affecting my chronic asthma, not a good combination as you can imagine.

I sympathise i had it in 2010 thought i was dieing hope you recover very soon

I sympathise i had it in 2010 thought i was dieing hope you recover very soon

Hi I use ventolin in mine. Doc gives me ventolin noudles. They do work well. Hope you feel better soon. I have brittle asthma and my hubby has Ipf. Best wishes xx

1 like

Thankyou

Have you been prescribed the Nebuliser to go into the Nebulisers? If not don't buy one until you do otherwise will be a waste of money. Consultants are reluctant to prescribe them because patients become reliant on them.

1 like

NEBULES, to go into Nebuliser

1 like

Ive brought my own use water and salt crystals and to be honest does help thankyou

That's ok just didn't want you to waste your money if no one supplied you with NEBULES predicted text kept changing it hence the capitals.

1 like

Hi yes I've had a neb for 5yrs but only use it maybe dozen times a year mainly in the winter. Docs ok with that and gives me ventolin when I need it. xx

1 like

What is it ventolin powder form or liquid to put in the neb ?

Hi it's liquid I can't do powder. xx

1 like

Cheers have to ask my respiratory nurse x

1 like

You may also like...