Tickley Tonsils

Does anyone else get woken up at night with tickley tonsils. It s usually my right tonsil and it makes me feel like I'm choking. I have to sit up and have a drink then use my inhaler to stop it.

I know Flutiform can make your throat feel like its closing up and I do occasionally have difficulty swallowing. Would this cause me to wake up feeling like I'm choking or is it catarrh ?

3 Replies

• Maybe you have a bit of a postnasal drip (do you lie on your right side?) this can accumulate at the back of the throat and cause your night time cough. Also termed upper airway cough. Have a look on line as there are treatments that can help.

Good luck

• Thanks Jandm

I am prescribed Avamys for my sinuses as I used to get a lot of sinus infections. I don't tend to lie on my right side, but do often wake up with a dry mouth/throat. Shall look it up on line as Asthma nurse I saw the other day was of no help. When told her Flutiform caused my voice to go hoarse her reply was that most inhalers did that, - in otherwords I have to put up with it.

• Weighing up the pros and the cons. The most important pro is that you can breath! One little trick you could try for the hoarseness (con) is gargling with a mouthwash after you've taken your inhaler, that sometimes helps.