Viral induced asthma?

My 9 year old girl has had "use when you need" inhalers since she was 12 months old, following bad breathing episodes during colds. Last winter she received a preventer which we used during the winter then stopped. I was monitoring her peak flow readings until a year ago and she was generally around 130 at age 7. Now with a cold she is 120 at age 9. Is there something i can do with diet and exercise to help her. She sings but I'm noticing this is getting harder for her too. ( on a positive note she has been fine all summer and had no allergies).

2 Replies

• Singing is brilliant exercise for the lungs so keep it up. Also physical exercise is good too. Though be careful not to over do anything when she is feeling poorly. I would go to your GP amd explain how her symptoms are deteriorating it may be that she needs a preventative inhaler as well. I was only a little older when I started using preventative inhalers so this may be the step forward you need. It may also be a good idea to ask your GP for a referral to see a respiratory consultant. Hope you get some help soon.

• Thanks for the reply, I think you are right. I need to stop burying my head in the sand and get the ball rolling at the GP's. Thanks again x

You may also like...