Asthma UK community forum
11,087 members17,408 posts

Marathon Runners for Asthma UK

Cheers and a huge thank you to the approx 300 runners running the London Marathon today in aid of Asthma UK.  My husband is running, me and my son life long asthmatics and we wanted to give something back to Asthma UK. The research etc they do is invaluable.

Thanks to Gabi and team for organising.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

A big thank you to your husband and everyone else, they are amazing.

1 like

Thank you so much. We've just got back from London, I can't run myself but cheered from the Asthma UK support point (25 miles). Everyone did brilliantly, it's such hard work.  Met lovely people including the organisers, they did such a good job.  So grateful for what Asthma UK does, London Marathon is their main fundraiser.  Thanks again Beth, and hope you are keeping well.  xx

Well done to your husband, what an achievement. I feel chuffed when I manage to run for a bus, so really well done :-)

1 like

Thank you Minushabens. I saw one Asthma UK runner puffing away on his inhaler after the run, felt very touched by what he acheived. I got wheezy and coughing just cheering everyone on!   Hope you are ok. xx

2 likes

Yes I'm well thanks & it's very impresive to do that with asthma. Even when I'm well I'm useless at running.

2 likes

You may also like...