Hi. I'm still waiting to see a respiratory consultant at the hospital as my asthma cannot be controlled at the moment. I'm on montelukast and prednisone. I was on fostair but the doctor changed it to a round one, I can't recall the name, as she says she didn't like me on steroids.
She also wanted to stop the prednisone but I wouldn't let her because I know this is helping me somewhat and until I see a specialist I can't take that risk.
My query was I've been in contact with someone yesterday, unknowingly, who has today been diagnosed with viral pnuemonia today.
Is it wise to ask my doctor if I need a pnuemonia jab. I asked last year but I didn't come under their risk but after this encounter I am wary? Am I being too cautious?
Thanks for any replies.