Newly diagnosed - mucous in throat, is this normal ?

Hiya. I have recently been diagnosed with mild asthma. I use an inhaler morning & night

I am feeling mucous stuck in throat ( doesnt feel like its from the chest) and need to cough it up several times a day.

Is this normal and just part of the asthma that I need to get used to ?

I have not had a cold or any bugs lately

Many thanks

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I also have recently been diagnosed and experienced the same thing. It eased after a few weeks of inhaler use though. I think it was mainly a result of persistent coughing, which was stopped by the inhalers.

• It could be completely unrelated - something like reflux can lead to those symptoms, as can post nasal drip. I would discuss with your doctor to rule out other issues.

• Welcome to the forum!

Could be unrelated, but I've had asthma for a decade now and I frequntly get all mucus-y and gross in my throat! Especially when it's cold out. Hopefully you'll feel better soon (:

Ely

• Hiya, just wanted to say that whilst it might be unrelated, it could be asthma too. I get this when my asthma is playing up., when my chest is good I don't have it. Hopefully soon your inhalers will work to reduce the inflammation and reduce the amount of mucous produced.

• Hiya, just wanted to say that whilst it might be unrelated, it could be asthma too. I get this when my asthma is playing up., when my chest is good I don't have it. Hopefully soon your inhalers will work to reduce the inflammation and reduce the amount of mucous produced.

• I get this too when asthma is playing up. Usually when I'm breathing in cooler air. For me it is often a precursor to a tight chest, then I need the respite and it goes. X. Ps also newly diagnosed. Sue

• Respigen not respite lol

You may also like...