Hey, Feeling a bit meh and confused and tbh a bit scared this eve!!
Been at clinic today and seen both my resp nurse and cons. Resp nurse is lovely, cons is a bit of a wet blanket!!
They have decided that they think that they need to refer me to the ""Brittle Asthma"" clinic at Heartlands in Birmingham and as you can imagine its (though I guess it shouldn't have!) come as a bit of a shock!!
A million and one questions ...
- has anyone else been to Heartlands?
- What are they like?
- What will they do to me?
- What treatment avenues will they explore?
- Why can they do different things to my local?
- Will they give a plan for me to use at my local A&E?
- Will I be expected to go there for A&E (nearly 2 hours away!)
- Why have I been referred there? There are at LEAST 2 tertiary respiratory centres closer
- Will I be able to keep my current team too?
Sure I will have more to ask!! Any additional thoughts greatly welcome!!!