Prescribed Steroids

Hi,

I have been suffering with a tight chest, not wheezing, but just struggling to breath.

I went to the doctors and I have been prescribed a 7 day course of taking 30g per day of steroids.

Its my 4th day today, and haven't noticed any difference, I was just wondering how long it usually takes to notice any changes?

Edit: I am taking steroids in tablets, not inhaler.. to clear up my chest.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello,

I was showing classic asthma symptoms, a decrease in lung function (peak flow) in the mornings, when I started taking Symbicort steroid inhaler, the dip in my lung function recovered immediately. But from my early understanding of lungs/asthma and drugs some people can take a little time to react, depending on what you have.

Mark

• Hi AJ, I am not actually sure how quickly they kick in but when I was on them in August I didn't know the difference at the time - probably because my body was so exhausted from fighting everything. But eventually it made a huge difference so stick at them and keep resting!

• Thanks. Just starting to panic it could be something more serious, whats confusing me is there is no weezing and it just appears to be a tight chest, like something blocking me breathing.

Maybe its just normal for asthma?

• 7 Days are over, no luck with the steroids, so back to the doctors tomorrow! : (

You may also like...