Evening all, I hope everyone is ok.
I have just been discharged from hospital, and I'm struggling again (been to acute medicine clinic today for nebs). I've lost count of the number of admissions now but I have just had enough, of bouncing in and out of hospital, of not being able to work...not being able to live a proper life!!
My current medications are
Uniphyllin 400mg bd
Prednisolone 40mg (for the past 4 months)
Adcal D3 bd
Xolair 4 injections 2 weekly
My cons says that she wants to wait and see if xolair is going to work BUT I've had a trial of xolair before and it didn't really work so it was stopped. The thing is my attacks are getting more severe and it is taking longer to get out of them...had a few near misses from ITU recently and I don't want to land up there. I said to her during my admission last week that I was really beginning to struggle with the instability of my asthma and she just said that I had to be patient and wait for xolair to work. When I was admitted again at the end of last week, I broke. I asked to see my cons but she was busy so I spoke to a lovely reg and told her that I really can't take this anymore either mentally or physically that I really couldn't stand the thought of being sent home just to bounce back in.
This admission as been a disaster, from being transferred to inappropriate wards, to being prescribed the wrong dose of aminophylline and then when the correct dose was prescribed a drug error (which I pointed out to 3 separate nurses before it was sorted) ment that I was still only getting half the dose so my levels were no where near therapeutic. We finally got the right dose and I felt amazing but to was stopped after a couple of hours (so much for 5 continuous days of amino to settle my chest!). Yesterday they stopped my amino and nebs at the same time so by lunch time I was struggling again and I had multidosed. When the cons reviewed me in the afternoon I told her that I didn't feel things were stable and that I really couldn't face another admission as I'm just exhausted....her response ""yes I can hear you wheeze, but go home and think positively and everything will be ok!"" I. Was. Furious. I just can't believe that after crying my eyes out telling them I have nothing left to fight with, that I don't feel anywhere near stable and that I'm just going to land back in, in a few days she still felt that it was appropriate to send me home!
At the acute medicine clinic today they were lovely and have allowed me to pop in for nebs but I'm stuffed over the weekend when it's closed
I'm sorry for the long rant but I have just had more than I can take of it right now!
Thanks for reading