The doctor I saw last week gave me a prescription for pred, but told me to fill it only if my peak flow dropped to 210 (50% of my best). Since my peak flow never goes below 300, even when I have ended up in A & E, that's not a very helpful measure but she didn't give me anything else to go on. All she said was I don't have an infection.
My peak flow is still just above 300 (best 430)which is actually lower than it was last week, I still have a cough and am very breathless if I do anything more than sofa surfing. However, am not waking up in the night and don't have the tightness I usually get with a flare up - often when I have pred I feel tight even if I do stay glued to the sofa.
How long do I wait before deciding I'm not going to get better without the pred? Do I go back and ask the doctor whether I should take them? I don't really class it as an emergency, because I have the prescription and could fill it if it was, but won't be able to get a same day appointment if it isn't and don't know how far away the appointment will be if I pre-book.
Feel torn because I hate the effects of pred on my brain, but don't want to spend the entire holiday doing nothing if I could just take the pred and it would be sorted.