Apologies if the answer is blindingly obvious but I often find I need to lay things out to get them straight in my head, so I thought I'd do it here as I might get some extra advice.
Flare-up: mild from last week (Ventolin 4-5x day, more symptoms in between, not sure about nights coughing etc instead of twice a day and hardly any symptoms) Thought it had gone till yesterday when hurrying/cold air/physio treadmill seemed to push it up a notch:
Now: more Ventolin, more often, small gaps, tending to need 4 puffs at a go rather than two to settle things, disturbed night last night though not bad, physio could hear restriction on treadmill without listening for it specifically). PF all over the place, sometimes ok, sometimes in yellow but tending not to go up as it should after Ventolin. PF is of limited use to me. I have no plan.
a) Do nothing, take more Ventolin and bury head in sand (not literally, think that would make it worse) and wait for it to go away (preferred option).
Pros: No pred, no dealing with annoying doctors etc, no being told to take deep breaths.
Cons: My lungs rarely respond to the positive thinking approach.
b) Email the CNS at the hospital, explain situation re no plan and not sure what to do.
Pros: Hospital will know I am having flare-up (I want them to so they don't think I've been fine and get the wrong idea); specialist advice, possibly getting a plan for when pred isn't needed.
Cons: CNS doesn't really know me well and tends to the conventional. Will prob go on PF. Might ask me to come in for assessment; hospital is in London, I am not, if I go I will hang around a lot and have to do spiro and potentially get nothing useful out of it.
c) GP on Monday/some time next week
Pros: GP is good, will listen, is open-minded.
Cons: Not sure what he can do except pred ie no plan tweaking as he probably can't/won't tinker with the rest of it, so if he doesn't think I need pred then what? Also, have recently seen him for shoulder issue and vaguely worried even he will start thinking I have Munchausen's.
d) Emergency appt
Cons: no telling who I'll get, will have to explain it all if not the right dr and one doesn't believe I have asthma.
e) Wait till Monday, go to OOH if worse
Pros: do nothing unless urgent, OOH place is across the road.
Cons: even more of a lottery than emergency appt, might have to defend things with no wheeze/PF etc.
f) Phone a friend/go 50/50/ask the audience (as I""m doing now lol)
g) Panic and start stockpiling tins for the zombie invasion