My 14 year old has decided that taking inhalers is a waste of time.
I only cottoned on when I went to get the prescription for her younger brother also asthmatic and her puffer had not been taken (seritide) since we came back from holiday in November.
We have seen the dr a month ago and the dr asked if she was taking her medication and she said yes I am, she was given antibiotics and pred as she had a chest infection.
she didn't take the tablets, only managed a couple of days then didn't bother, (teenage strops are hard enough) so I thought well she should start to feel signs that her asthma is uncontrolled and start to take them, the odd puff was taken here and then. constantly taking her blue puffer, her cough changed got really loud and sounded very deep routed like I have never heard before,this time I decided to take her to the gp again, and I told the gp she was not taking her medication, the gp had a chat with her about the importance of taking her inhalers and tablets.the gp said that she has crackles on her lungs, prescribed more antibiotics and another course of pred, plus reissued her seritde and singular which I have been standing in the kitchen and watching her take them,we have to go back to the dr friday,How can I get it though to her that its serious,she must take this medication, she has been having several asthma attacks, how cross would the hospital be if she got admitted, when all she needs to do is take her preventative medication.
can any one offer advise/help with this>? Has anyone got a similar worry/