Recording Peak Flow Readings

Hello all - I hope you're all doing well :)

How many of you don't like to have to write your peak flow readings down and then remember where the piece of paper is? I know that I absolutely hated it and more often than not I managed to loose the annoying bit of paper or it would rip. :(

So instead of using that graph thing that you are so kindly gifted when you purchase a new peak flow meter I found myself an app for my iphone. It's so awesome that I figured I should let you all know on here so I'm not the only one free from paper ;)

It's called ""asthmaMD"" and is available free from the apple appstore. There are a few different ones on there if you search ""asthma"" but I think that this one is the best available.

You input your personal information - age, height, meds - and your email.

Now every time you take a peak flow reading you input it. It appears on a graph, this graph has coloured sections for -well, worse and critical (green, yellow and red). You can add your symptoms and extra notes if required.

Now, as I mentioned earlier you input your email address. Well if you add a recipent email you can send this graph along with a table showing everything you have added.

Seriously its a great help - and no more bits of paper!

You should have seen my doc's face when I showed him it - pure amazement :D

Wishing you the best of health

Frankie :) xx

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I've got Asthma Tracker on my Galaxy - it's great, much better than the one I had on my Blackberry. Oh, I do love the toys, and this one lets me email the logs to my pc or my GP. Loveit!

• I used the asthma MD one for a while, but dont like the graphs, they squash all the results together and if you look at the entire month you can see daily results on it - I went back to using the pf book provided by the surgery, as it lasts the entire year. On the chart, I can chart my symptoms with PF recordings - not seperately like on Asthma MD. Its not bad though..

Lynda :)

• Bit of paper here... with a log of other things that I created to show my cons....

eg symptoms, nebs used, O2 used, PF am & pm, pred dose and s/c dose, so more tailored to my brittle asthma. It lives in the bedside table with the tablet organiser etc ... Oh and the PF meter.

• eg symptoms, nebs used, O2 used, PF am & pm, pred dose and s/c dose, so more tailored to my brittle asthma. It lives in the bedside table with the tablet organiser etc ... Oh and the PF meter.

Thats all the things I log on my PF chart - different colour highlighters for different drugs too lol

Lynda :)

• I use Asthma Pulse on my I Phone i can record my peak flows, list all medications, triggers, and symptoms there is also a comments area too, i find this helps me so much. I showed my respiratory consultant it and he was very impressed by it and said he will recommend it to other patients.

You may also like...