It has been a while since I've posted and that is partly because Leo has been doing so well (fingers and toes crossed). My husband and I have spent the last few months almost waiting for an asthma attack to come along and cause havoc again but since his last one in July he has nothing apart from the odd cough which has cleared up after a day or two with a few puffs of ventolin to help along the way.
This is the longest he has gone without any type of asthma flare up since he was diagnosed over two years ago and we put it down to the Seretide which he started in April or May, can't remember which.
His last hospital admission for 3 days was in April, and his last asthma attack was inJuly which we managed to control at home with preds and inhalers.
My question is what should we do now? His consultant saw him in August and said he was happy with how he was doing and just left it at that but that he would be happy to still allow him open access to the ward and to see him again in Jan/Feb if necessary. Our GP is keen to get him off Seretide and back onto Clenil for some reason but I don't think is is what the consultant would advise. Our GP even wrote Leo a prescription for a Clenil inhaler back in November, suggesting we swap onto it for a month and see what happened!!!! Is it just me or is that slightly irresponsible on his part? I thought you were meant to wean off Seretide gradually as it says in the leaflet?
I also thought it was a silly time of year to suggest doing this, with the colder weather and the cold and flu season (Leo has the flu jab but still..)
I thought the point of taking things like Seretide was to keep asthma under control so surely if he stops having it the risk of him going back to his old pattern of regular attack will recur?
I know no one can give medical advice on here and I will get Leo another appointment with his consultant but I just wondered if anyone has any similar experiences?