I'm totally new to this forum, so I apologise if this has been covered.
Anyway, the basics of my story is as follows -
- was diagnosed as having Asthma when I was 5 and I'm allergic to dust mites / house dust
- I was on ventolin for years and years (now 39 years old)
- was put on Seretide 500 about 6 years ago as I found myself wheezy all the time
- everything was fine until early 2011, when I started to feel wheezy again and had a tight chest every day, I also started to cough up (white) phlegm which appears to settle my wheeze when I cough up
- I approached my GP at the start of this year, and they prescribed me Prednisolone, however, I only lasted 3 days on it as it really made me feel weird!
- after various calls to the doctor, they gave me singulair about 2 months ago, but sadly I couldn't sleep at all, so I stopped
- the doctor then gave me singulair again and told me to persevere with them ( 2 weeks ago)', however, once again I had problems sleeping and felt wired like being anxious so I stopped them
- explained this to my GP again, and he gave me Prednisolone (again)
- I then explained my reasons why I couldnt take them, and he said ""what do you think is wrong?"" & ""there's nothing else we can try!""
I'm at my wits end with this and don't know who else to talk to, so any advice would be great.
I meant to add, I've always got a cough and runny nose to (since early 2011)
Sorry to go on a bit.