Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here or making a huge deal out of nothing!
Basically, I thought the Symbicort was at least starting to work as things really began to improve about 3 weeks after I started it.
I did have a blip with a cold which didn't help but when I was in America I was still noticing some improvements (like longer times between relievers than I've had for absolutely ages, better exercise tolerance ditto, not getting affected for days by a trigger).
But I hope I haven't been imagining it all or it was just coincidence, because since my last day in America and the plane back, things seemed to have slipped back to the way they were before the Symbicort.
I'm hoping this is a temporary blip - I can't quite work out why it's happened - but I'm not quite sure what to do. Normally, while I'd like to ask my GP, there hasn't been anything they can really do in this situation and I have to wait for the cons (next appt 27th June...um, yay...my favourite way to make an idiot out of myself). So I kind of gave up going to ask them unless I had something extra going on like a chest cold etc.
My cons mentioned trying a high dose of pred again if the inhaled steroids weren't doing the trick. Well, I think they sort of are (he may disagree with me), but apparently not right now.
Really wondering if it's worth going back to the GP this time, and possibly trying the pred sooner - maybe it would kick things into submission? Or should I wait to see if it will settle down by itself?
I suspect there's a really obvious answer to this one but I'm having trouble collecting my thoughts and seeing it (I think due to a night sitting up on a plane plus annoying builders plus disturbed nights with lungs).